The future: Aerofly FS 3...?

• A lot of things are coming to Aerofly FS 2, I know, but specially after AFS2 getting out of early access I started to wonder if all that is coming to AFS2 or if some of those things are coming to AFS3...? I am sure ATC will be released for free for AFS2 (right...?) but things like weather, which I am constantly nagging IPACS about, will that also come for free for AFS2 or is AFS2 getting out of early access (which happened quite suddenly imho and without a real huge leap forward in what the sim offered) a way to enable IPACS to start thinking about AFS3?

Just curious. ;)

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad in IPACS thinking about AFS3: after all, at a certain moment all the time and money invested into the sim has to pay off in hard cash, but it seems everyone is thinking that AFS2 is going to be the sim of the future while it might well be AFS3 or AFS4 (specially if you take the slow progress into consideration).

Any ideas on this? What may we still expect to come to AFS2 and what may be part of upcoming versions?

• It's good to prepare for the future.

I remember the good old days when Microsoft was pushing forward FS roughly every 2 years. With that pace, we should have FS15 today.

FS15!

I have not completely got over from the trauma yet.

Edited once, last by frui (January 20, 2018 at 2:08 PM).

• It's good to prepare for the future.

I remember the good old days when Microsoft was pushing forward FS roughly every 2 years. With that pace, we should have FS15 today.

FS15!

I have not completely got over from with the trauma yet.

There is no doubt that flight sim progress lagged because of the end of the FS series progression. The plus side was the stability of the platform which led to some amazing addons.