Technical question re VR/2D

• I have an Oculus rift and a 32' monitor running 4k. Everything fine. However I wonder if I would lower the resolution on the monitor if that would relieve the graphic card, in favour of the rift as not only the VR picture but also the monitor picture has to be calculated.

Regards,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• If your GPU is good (which i'm sure it is) then this wouldn't make much of an impact either way.

If you use your 2D monitor for other games it would be a pain for you to have to always change the resolution back and forth.

You should ask yourself this question; is Aerofly running around 90 FPS without changing the resolution of the monitor?

If yes, I wouldn't even worry about it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• However I wonder if I would lower the resolution on the monitor if that would relieve the graphic card, in favour of the rift as not only the VR picture but also the monitor picture has to be calculated.

I doubt if it works that way...? It seems to my the GPU only has to calculate the picture once (well, twice: once for every eye) and everything is send to two devices, your monitor and the Rift. If it REALLY had to calculate everything twice (well, yes, three times), fps would drop considerably. If this WOULD have an impact I am sure none of the available VR games would also show things on the regular screen! That would be a waste of recourses.