@devs: Vsync option doesn't work on AMD Radeon GPU

• @devs:

• Expected result: If Vsync is enabled in Aerofly's settings, fps should be identical to the displays refresh rate (in my case 60 Hz)
    • Actual result: Enabling Vsync lowers FPS somewhat (e. g. while displaying the settings menu about 40%, from 4250 to 2570 fps), but is definitely not synched with the display's refresh rate
    • Enabling Vsync in the Radeon settings (vs. Aerofly's settings) works, but only when enabling it globally, not when enabled per application (I don't want to do this globally, though, as I prefer to decide per application)
    • Setting the option to 120 or 240 fps in Aerofly's settings does work
    • Issue only present with Aerofly; no problems with other applications
    • System: Windows 10 v1709 (fairly new & clean installation), x64, Intel i6700K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Radeon RX 580 8 GB VRAM GPU (latest Radeon driver, issue is present with older drivers as well)
    • Edit 2018-01-29: Vsync does work [only while displaying menus, not in-flight] when Aerofly is set to windowed mode, but not when set to full screen

@all: Are there other users here who use Aerofly with a Radeon card? What's you experience?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 times, last by RiseT (January 29, 2018 at 10:50 PM).

• We have tested this and have found no problems with how VSync works. I've personally tested this with an AMD GPU and it works the way that it should.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We have tested this and have found no problems with how VSync works. I've personally tested this with an AMD GPU and it works the way that it should.

Mh. That's strange as here it doesn't, but thanks for your feedback.

May have something to do with the fact that whenever I entered the Aerofly settings the very first time after installing, Aerofly crashed. But just one single time. No problems entering the settings afterwards (or anywhere else in the app).

Perhaps Aerofly's configuration files got somewhow corrupted by this. May I ask where they are stored so that I can delete them (I guess they are created anew by doing this)?

Edit: Is it config file called "main.mcf"? If yes, I've found it.

Edit 2: Deleted & recreated both config (*.mcf) files. Vsync still doesn't work as expected here.

Edited 2 times, last by RiseT (January 29, 2018 at 8:49 PM).

• Yes, you can delete the 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\aerofly fs 2 folder. This will clear the graphics settings and rebuild the file.

If you are using VR, VSync should be set to 'OFF'

Make sure that you don't have another application taking control of your VSync and you should have your GPU control panel settings set to their default values.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes, you can delete the 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\aerofly fs 2 folder. This will clear the graphics settings and rebuild the file.

Thanks, already tried it some minutes ago with no effect regarding Vsync. What I noticed though, is that Vsync does work when Aerofly is set to windowed mode. But not when set to some display resolution (i. e. full screen mode). Strange.