Are all third party compatible with Orbx

• Hello All.

I have always wondered since the inception of this magic Sim AFS2 , are all 3rd party scenery compatible with Orbx. I only buy Orbx, why, because to me it's the best and of course no compatibility issues. So how can you tell if a 3rd party scenery is compatible. For instance I would like Luckla Airport, as far as I know Orbx hasn't made it but I know of being made by other companies.

Do you have to place it in any sort of order, eg FSX, or is it a case of buying and you good to go. I hope you get what I'm driving at as soon, in fact very soon, this will be my number one sim and the only one I'll spend money on.

Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• In general. no scenery is compatible if it hasn't be made specifically for AeroflyFS2. Compared to FSX/Prepar3d there are very few payware sceneries available, i.e. only the addons made by IPACS themselves and ORBX (and only a handfull from ORBX were made for AeroflyFS2, if at all). Sad but true.

However, Aerosoft is about to enter the game. They are working on an AeroflyFS2 version of their Helgoland scenery (with an extended area) and also on Lukla for AeroflyFS2 later

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/top…#comment-861988

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Do you have to place it in any sort of order, eg FSX, or is it a case of buying and you good to go.

AFS2 doesn't work with a library and other complicated stuff so it is a case of buying, installing and you're good to go. Obviously all this talk is just theorical right now because there isn't any 3rd party scenery yet but once there will be it will be a matter of installing and you are done. The only time things may become problematic is when various developers release an addon for for instance the same airport: in that case you will probably have to take precautions in order to get things working properly. But that won't happen anytime soon. Or maybe IPACS will come up with a solution for that. As it is now AFS2 is by far the easiest sim around when it comes to setting up and using it!

• Sorry J Van E, and PMB. I just read my question today and frankly its stupid. I don't know what I was thinking putting it in here.

Its a question I wanted to know within FSX.

Very sorry indeed, I'm so embarressed. I'm going to blame tiredness

Sorry guys.

Jim Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH