I can't believe how smooth that scenery is in AF2, KEGE it is (movie)

• Enjoy my friend this little one

Ben

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• I always think my good old Prepar3d4 runs fluently - until I fire up AeroflyFS2. Prepar3d4 runs "sort of" fluently but AeroflyFs2 IS fluent like flying a real plane in a real world. Besides there are a number of Prepar3d "features" like the annoying textue reshaping/morphing in mountains or the mesh issues around some airports, which I never found in AeroflyFS2 yet.

Unfortunately, this is offset by some basic aspects still missing in AeroflyFS2 like anything bringing motion and live into the sim: moving water, cars, people and AI planes. And I dare to say I still can't get my Saitek Flight Instrument Panels to work and the Switch Panel doesn't work fully either yet.

So I will have to go back and forth for now. But much looking forward and I think AeroflyFS2 has a bright future ahead.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Yep. For now it’s very much a nobody's perfect sim world. For multiplayer flights (so much fun) it’s DCS and P3D, but for the most realistic, though static, scenery and best presence and immersion, its FS2.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, 2 dof Motion, Valve Index

• but for the most realistic, though static, scenery and best presence and immersion, its FS2.

Although I have to say I am not too fond of the rather obvious card box houses. Those white blocks stick out too much of the scenery. I don’t know why or how but in P3D those fake houses blend in much better with the scenery. May have to do with the cloud shadows...? Apart from the airport itself I am not too impressed with the ‘autogen’ around KEGE. Looks like default autogen to me. I notice this too on AFS2 screenshots I see: white boxes sticking out and having no real connection to the ground. (Literally too sometimes!) In fact, I think it looks pretty ugly when flying low... Maybe I should be flying higher. But when I do that KEGE looks too small. I guess I am more into regions than airports... ;) Bring on FTX Netherlands!

• I always think my good old Prepar3d4 runs fluently - until I fire up AeroflyFS2. Prepar3d4 runs "sort of" fluently but AeroflyFs2 IS fluent like flying a real plane in a real world. Besides there are a number of Prepar3d "features" like the annoying textue reshaping/morphing in mountains or the mesh issues around some airports, which I never found in AeroflyFS2 yet.

Unfortunately, this is offset by some basic aspects still missing in AeroflyFS2 like anything bringing motion and live into the sim: moving water, cars, people and AI planes. And I dare to say I still can't get my Saitek Flight Instrument Panels to work and the Switch Panel doesn't work fully either yet.

So I will have to go back and forth for now. But much looking forward and I think AeroflyFS2 has a bright future ahead.

Kind regards, Michael

More or less the same here, as you do. But, anyway, I'm a bit out of P3D's (3.4 and 4.1) lately just because I'm becoming tired of those unavoidable stuttering and pauses found in P3D. Hopefully AFS2 will add more features soon and will be the sim of choice.

Cheers, Ed

• More or less the same here, as you do. But, anyway, I'm a bit out of P3D's (3.4 and 4.1) lately just because I'm becoming tired of those unavoidable stuttering and pauses found in P3D. Hopefully AFS2 will add more features soon and will be the sim of choice.

Cheers, Ed

Yes, AFS2 is in a league of its own when it comes to smoothness. Right now I only use P3D for flying high with the Majestic Q400 in which case I spend all my time on the gauges and knobs and switches and ATC etc. and thanks to this stutters and pauses go by completely unnoticed. But flying low and slow GA in P3D is terrible once you experienced AFS2's smoothness! (Although AFS2 also has frequent and big stutters whenever it loads new scenery...! It is indeed SMOOOOOOTH but not 100% stutterless. Nothing anyone can do about that though.)

I was pretty sure you would be not happy ;)

But I am. I just have to think what FSX was looking stock.

Ben

Haha, yes, we've come a long way! But as edpatino said, we need more features before AFS2 can become the sim of choice: the basics are there and the promise too but too many things are still lacking and those white houses sticking out need some attention before I will be entirely satisfied. By which time I probably will have found something else to moan about LOL

It's quite simple: I won't be completely satisfied until I see in my sim what I see outside in the real world. I don't think I will live long enough to see that happen though. ;) ) But at least with AFS2 plus Orbx scenery and a high enough altitude things are looking pretty nice already. Nice enough to enjoy it! ;)

• I've not once experienced stutters in AFS2, and I run an older AMD 3850 @ stock speed. I do have it on an SSD separate from Windows. Maybe that helps. Even flying through LOWI 1000ft AGL mach 1 does not affect the performance.

It depends on what you call stutters. ;) I also have a dedicated SSD and AFS2 runs super smooth but there ARE hickups everytime new scenery gets loaded: IPACS always acknowledges this when someone posts about it. These aren't the kind of (micro)stutters you get in FSX or P3D but they are stutters nonetheless. ;)