UPDATED KEYBOARD REFERENCE

• Thanks

and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• remember this from the old days? (Janes Longbow, US Navy fighters etc) ftp://ftp.frontier.com/pub/users/usnr…0Ref%20Card.pdf

Now that is using keyboard assignments to the nth degree. I guess when you play that game, it is the only game.

Regards,

Ray

• remember this from the old days? (Janes Longbow, US Navy fighters etc) ftp://ftp.frontier.com/pub/users/usnr…0Ref%20Card.pdf

Uhh..., yeah^^.

I still have a few, and books.

Dug this one up last week while drooling over the latest DCS Hornet videos by "Wags" (Mat Wagner). Never knew he was a part of it's development(Jane's).

His name is listed in the credits in the manual.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• I was a member of a DCS World squadron for a while (OregonHogWars) but I discovered that the learning curve for the A-10's they fly was more than I have time for. Also, I wanted to go with VR/WMR but my hardware won't support DCS+VR in a practical way. I tried to convince them to switch over to the FA-18 which I would rather spend time learning (being ex-Navy) than the A-10, but the F-18 really isn't officially release for DCS yet.

• Yeah I jumped on the pre-purchase deal last week since I knew I'd definitely be getting it on release day. Might as well take advantage of the discount.

I've always wanted to get into online flying in sim like this, Falcon 4, DCS, etc. But my issue has always been time. I work around the clock and a couple of weekends a month. So with that, a wife and young kid, I've never had enough time to dedicate. Barely find time for solo simming.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Redtail >> I've never had enough time to dedicate.

Time is exactly why I had to drop out of the DCS "squadron" I was in. No doubt that DCS is a mind blowing simulator (assuming you have a Ferrari of a PC). But the learning curve and setup time was prohibitive from my perspective (and I'm retired), Perhaps after using FS2 for a while and getting my hardware spec'd up to support FS2 + WMR, and can revisit DCS World in the future.

POWER + FLEXIBILITY = COMPLEXITY

• Pulled another relic out of my locker. I remember how impressive this was when I got it. Some good reading material for sure.

I do miss those days (thick manuals, reference cards and the excitement of getting something like this in the mail) :)

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

Edited once, last by Redtail (February 4, 2018 at 1:15 PM).