Physics Info available in Aerofly fs 2

• Hello everyone,

I would like to learn more about the development of aircraft in Aerofly Fs 2. Thanks to the wiki-documentation I have a first good insight, but many questions remain unclear to me. Especially the connection of a dynamic and optical model in the tmd file. In an older documentation for Aerofly 5 I have seen an interesting representation in the simulator for a better understanding, the so called "Physics Info" (strg + F12) is this in Aerofly Fs 2 also available?

Would it be possible to integrate some template files (tmc, tmd) into the sdk-tools? I tried to convert a 3D-model with existing tmd-files (e. g. from Pitts), which i modifed by myself, a few times, without success.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Thomas

• This physics info is no longer available in FS 1 and FS 2.

To convert a model successfully you need to remove all object names that aren't present in your model. Go through the graphics section of the tmd file and delete all objects except one rigidbodygraphics object. Then you list all your object names in that geometry list.

In the dynamics section also remove all collision hull objects, they also reference your model and if an object name isn't found Aerofly or the converter that also loads the model may crash.

I think an "empty.tmd" was included in the SDK at some point, I'm not totally sure if it still is. I've looked through the older versions of the aircraft workshop and there definitely was a "template.tmd" included, so check if there already is a usable tmd in the aircraft workshop for you. Otherwise I'll quickly upload the

Regards,

Jan