Orbx - Eagle County (KEGE) Colorado Released!

• A classic Orbx destination developed by Jarrad Marshall, Eagle County has been brought to life for Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator!

Available now on Steam!

Eagle-Vail has been painstakingly optimized to make the most out of the Aerofly FS 2 engine. Crisp terrain textures, extremely dense vegetation, 3D night lighting, animations and sloped runways are just a few of the features you can expect to see. Additionally, KEGE has been color-matched to blend with the surrounding Aerofly Colorado freeware DLC, ensuring a seamless transition to surrounding locations such as Denver and Aspen. All of this is combined with Aerofly's famous high performance, to ensure the most immersive experience for both traditional and VR simmers.

Key Features

• Highly-detailed rendition of KEGE
    • Massive 1500 sq km coverage area
    • Incredible ground textures at 30/60 cm
    • Gypsum Creek Ranch & Avon STOL Port
    • Amazing sloped runway
    • Ultra-dense vegetation cultivation
    • Hand-placed buildings for entire coverage area
    • Animated PeopleFlow2 technology
    • 3D night lighting
    • Detailed and fps-friendly grass
    • Animated airport vehicles
    • Many landmarks and POI
    • Terrain color-blended to surrounding area
    • Unique building textures
    • Dozens of custom aircraft & GSE
    • Runway and taxiway lighting
    • 100% compatible with Colorado DLC
    • Developed by ORBX Simulation Systems

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I am very surprised there are not more comments about this excellent work from Jarrad Marshall. Eagle County Regional is absolutely superb, if you don't have it then believe me you should.

It covers a huge area with a number of well detailed airports. Eagle itself is a masterpiece. Explore the area, flying along, into and out of fantastic gullies. There is just so much flying to do.

Jarrad has managed to capture the rolling nature of the terrain near the highly detailed Airport beautifully.

Another must have from this highly talented moddler.

Taranakian/Jim

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Just purchased it (my 4th ORBX scenery for AFS2). It is an absolute beauty! I took the Q400 (another masterpiece I might add) up for a short circuit and I'm blown away. Awesome job indeed Jarrad/Orbx team.

This airport screams out for AI traffic, ATC and a few good helicopters.

Oh, and the Q400 is incredible in VR. I'm really liking it.

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Stunning addon. Will be purchasing this as well as other OrbX offerings for AFS2 provided that they may be downloaded from OrbX directly. That is to say: I don't do Steam.

Excellent post showing this masterpiece well, drhotwing1, thank you. Will be installing AFS2 soon, having just received the software on DVDs yesterday. Am certain that this is the simulator I've been waiting for for over 35 years.

Edited once, last by boxcar (February 13, 2018 at 8:07 PM).

• Other than the fact that the Steam release takes AGES to make it to the platform (the Forum chatter tends to have moved on already by the time it arrives!), what's the gripe with Steam?

It is totally Plug 'n Play which is most of all, what I want from a 21st Century sim.

The hours and hours I wasted over the years, getting feisty addons to run, tweaking twitching swearing... all history!

• ...what's the gripe with Steam?

It is totally Plug 'n Play which is most of all, what I want from a 21st Century sim.

The hours and hours I wasted over the years, getting feisty addons to run, tweaking twitching swearing... all history!

No, no gripe here, WingZ, though it's interesting you'd think that my statement was a gripe.

Am not so inclined to spend time explaining my decision, except to say that it works for me.

It works for you and many if not most others? Good, good, am happy for all you Steamers.

• My question was prompted by the fact that I am a Newb Steamer, and have no experience of its possible issues.

I have seen several negative comments and would like to learn more.

It strikes me as being a really good way of distributing software so it can't be, y'know, SHARED with others.

Keeps the price down for everyone.

• I agree with you Raspou. Nothing better than looking for and landing at a small airfield/strip. It really feels good, an achievement even, amongst the hills and mountains.

BOXCAR. I think and apologise if I'm wrong, that you are new to Aerofly FS2.

If so, there's a possibility you may not have heard of a release not too long ago called Innsbruck LOWI. (don't trust my spelling of the airport name). If you don't have it, trust me when I say, it's brilliant, with heaps of bigger airports mixed with heaps of airfields. In this Sim it really is a keeper.

GL, happy flying.

Jim.

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

Edited once, last by Taranakian (February 14, 2018 at 1:30 AM).

...BOXCAR. I think and apologise if I'm wrong, that you are new to Aerofly FS2.

If so, there's a possibility you may not have heard of a release not too long ago called Innsbruck LOWI. (don't trust my spelling of the airport name). If you don't have it, trust me when I say, it's brilliant...

Yes sir, Innsbruck is on my list of AFS2 downloads, thank you, along with Colorado... and you are correct, Jim: AFS2 is brand spanking new to me, so new in fact that it has not even been installed yet. Am off to do exactly this here now just as soon as I hand-grind some decent coffee beans, brew some joe, roll up my sleeves, and spend an hour installing the 6 DVDs. Am going in...