FIRST IMPRESSIONS / GETTING STARTED

• Hello Roy,

Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Two things you probably don't know yet:

- There is a help available in the program if you click the large question mark in the top right corner.

- The IPACS forum is mainly for our support, I'd always recommend this platform over the Steam forum. The steam forum came automatically by publishing Aerofly on Steam, in that forum I'm not very active, but Jeff is. Here we have full control over how the forum looks and we can share downloads like the SDK, user made scenery and repaints etc.

• 10-4, and bless you guys for monitoring your forum so well.

Assisting the community is also part of the job :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Pre-Script: I know this forum is for AFS2, but it is becoming more and more married/related to VR, and getting the best experience from it.

In the attached document I talk about "sweet spot" in HMD's. That's the area where the image is relatively in focus. I estimate it to be about 50% of the total viewable image. Well, I've been doing some research on this issue, thinking it might be "the nature of the beast" with Fresnel lenses that are in VR and WMR headsets. I ran across this blurb from Oculus that pretty well explains the issue. The resolution is curved display panels. Not exactly a "just around the corner" solution. It would seem that my upgrading from Lenovo Explorer to Samsung Odyssey WMR headset to achieve more "sweet spot" would not be worth the doubling in cost of the headset.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/disc…rfect-vr-optics

This video actually shows the real image difference between Lenovo Explorer and Samsung Odyssey (13:57 in). The comments are enlightening.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by RoyPettit (February 4, 2018 at 12:51 AM).

• Just an update to the attached review in which I said I was running at Medium graphics quality on a home-built PC. After upgrading some hardware I am now getting 60-90 FPS with Ultra graphics quality and Render Scale Factor at 1.5. Motion is smooth (no juddering). ORBX 3D scenery creates no degradation. SteamVR Performance Test gives the attached (previously was a little above midpoint in the yellow).

Upgraded Hardware: MB: MSI Z270 M3 Gaming; CPU: I5 7600K; GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6mb SuperClocked; Cooler: Cryorig C7.

......................................Overclocking: CPU: 4.5, Cache/Ring: 4.2, Mem: 2800, GPU provides 1962 clock / 4007 mem without any OC software.

.......................................CPU temp never exceeds 90C testing with Intel ETU, Passmark PT, and ASF2 VR.

.......................................HMD upgraded from Lenovo Explorer to Samsung Odyssey ($100 off).