• I also tend to fly just after dawn or just before dusk when the sun is low: at that time the colors are fuller and nicer, specially in those barren US regions. Things look a bit washed out during day time.

• I also tend to fly just after dawn or just before dusk when the sun is low: at that time the colors are fuller and nicer, specially in those barren US regions. Things look a bit washed out during day time.

Yes, I end up doing the same thing.....

There are also times when the sun is low that 3d buildings do not blend in with the surrounding scenery and appear overly bright. Maybe when we get more complete cultivation of buildings and trees things will look better?

Maybe there's a way to turn down the reflectiveness of the buildings?

I would think the goal would be to have the photo layer and all the 3d buildings to blend seamlessly.

Complaints aside........I've spend many hours learning to fly again and enjoying the immersive scenery and exploring the geography of the southwestern US.

Rob

i7-8700K @3.7GHz, 16GB, GTX-1080, Oculus

• Shadow quality can play a role in how the cultivated houses look.

The building density can also reduce the quality of the textures and the reflectiveness but doing so will also reduce the overall quality of the graphics.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• There are also times when the sun is low that 3d buildings do not blend in with the surrounding scenery and appear overly bright.

Well, actually I think the 3D buildings seldom blend in well in AFS2. They tend to really stick out. For instance flying low over Orbx's KEGE isn't a good idea imho: all the 'autogen' houses look completely seperated from the scenery. The airport itself looks better but that's because those aren't 'autogen' buildings and shadows have been painted on everything to make things blend better. The only remedy is to not fly low but KEGE is too small to not fly low over it.