ModelConverterX support for AeroFly

• hi,

the id 11 and so on..are parts from 3d taxiway light.... and not textured, comes up with color from sketchup.

why the 3ds max not show the sketchup color from object... i dont no.

only one is textured on Top from the Object.

i tested what you say... come back later... i search also a brain for animated Lights at aerosoft.... i mean animated with lights from

excample a follow me car lights at roof !... the car must drive with lights on roof at Airport.

I experiemantel with dummy on roof from car...i write script for that light in animated Tma file...;)

regards

uli

• hi,

the id 11 and so on..are parts from 3d taxiway light.... and not textured, comes up with color from sketchup.

This must be first corrected before importing in 3DSMax.

When you export an object from sketchup, you do it as a collada (.dae), ensuring that all textures are there if any,

Then you import this collada into MCX and check materials :

a) if there are color materials, turn them into textures by minimizing drawcalls

b) ensure each texture has the proper name format as specified by IPACS => lowercases only, no spacing, _color, _light, etc. suffixes

When done, you export your object with all its textures as a Waveform taxiyellow.obj file that you can easily import in 3DSMax.

In 3DSmax it's then a single object called taxiyellow => you rename it as taxiyellow__nocollision, select and export selected as taxiyellow.tgi

The rest is as described in previous mail

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Antoine....

MANY THX !!!

it runs without crash.

I must rework the Object at sektchup....and 3ds Max

The Names are at this time

In 3DS Max :

all rename to part 0__nocollision and so on.

Group define and rename to taxiyellow__nocollision

Export

with content converter:

taxiyellow.tgi converted

taxiyellow.tmb

In DE / Place / EDXW Folder :

rename new taxiyellow.tmb to

taxiyellow__nocollision.tmb

At tsc File in the folder :

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][320]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][taxiyellow__nocollision]>

<[vector3_float64][position][8.332718 54.917499 0]>

<[float64][orientation][0]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][-1]>

All with new Textures.

Bet regards

ULI

• Good to read that it works !

If the tmb is named taxiyellow with what you did in 3DSMax, then there should be no need to rename it taxiyellow__nocollision.tmb and edit the tsc file, it should work without.

Have you tried this ?

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• For importing objects in 3DSMax, the best format seems to be wavefront .obj

Importing collada generates multiple subobjects that cause various troubles afterwards, nothing that cannot be handled in some way, but in most cases no advantage that would be worth the pain.

MCX can easily write/read/convert both .dae and .obj formats, very convenient

Cheers

Antoine

• Hi,,

tested without __nocollision at named Taxiyellow.

runs also perfect.

Regards

ULI

That's what I meant - you just edit your object in 3DSMax and you're done...

Cheers

Antoine