• hey,

The lack of ATC in FS2 puts it behind all the other simulators. If you want FS2 to be the best of all, this feature is mandatory for me. it seems it i in developement , but what is the real situation, and when do tou expect ATC to be live in FS2?

• ATC will be released once we feel that it meets our standards and yes, it will be innovative and functional.

As for the feature itself, it's very complex to develop, which is the main reason why it's taking so long.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• It has been a long time since a new feature was added to the sim, although I am sure that you will disagree.

When I went back to update my review, it struck me that the principal shortcomings of the sim that I mentioned then have not been addressed over the last thirteen months. Please don't take offense or get defensive, but there is still no ATC, AI aircraft, weather, etc., and no timetable for when we might expect them.

I am very patient, as is the community, and I love the program, but I am not Job.

• Yes, as a I have said before (and so did you) progress is simply going to slow. Of course ATC is a complicated feature and if done right it will add a lot of features in one go (ATC itself but also AI, SIDs, STARs, approaches, etc) so it will bring the sim to another level with a single update but how long until weather will be addressed? And things like water, roads, traffic, cold and dark planes, etc.? And take note that ATC may not be released this year either. Apart from all that only Orbx and Aerosoft are on board with scenery addons but there’s still isn’t a 3rd party aircraft developer for AFS2.

Maybe we should enjoy AFS2 for what it is, a great sim for a quick (VR) flight, and forget about AFS2 competing with P3D or even XP.

• I also want to see Aerofly already with the ATC, weather, IA... But then I have to think IPACS is still a small team and that we don't have any other option than waiting. So for the time being, AF2 takes about my 10% of my flying time. I need those other features and that's why I'm still using other sims. But I'm very confident IPACS will make something cool that will make worthy the waiting.

• Imho, the problem isn't about not having some specific release date, but rather that it is not even communicated if e. g. rather 10% or 90% of the necessary work for a feature in progress have been completed, i. e. are we closer to the beginning or closer to the end. I guess that some very rough idea like "~ 2/3 of feature xyz has been completed" would suffice for most people.

Edited 2 times, last by RiseT (February 5, 2018 at 2:54 PM).

• I also want to see Aerofly already with the ATC, weather, IA... But then I have to think IPACS is still a small team and that we don't have any other option than waiting. So for the time being, AF2 takes about my 10% of my flying time. I need those other features and that's why I'm still using other sims. But I'm very confident IPACS will make something cool that will make worthy the waiting.

Same here. AFS2 has took 100% pf my time for a few months last year but gradually my usage sank to 10% or so. For quite a while it was even zero. The main reason I want AFS2 to succeed is the great performance it offers. Flying with an fps of 100 or higher (or even a rock steady 60 with vsync on) really beats P3D runnning between 20 and 30...!

I don't care about ATC at all.

It seems a majority does otherwise IPACS wouldn't have started to work on it. I do care about ATC, also because of the other things that will have to come with it (I can't WAIT until the current automatic 'FAF' in each generated AFS2 plane is gone!!!) but also to make live in AFS2 a bit less lonely (AI and of course the chatter)! As may be known right now I care more about weather though.

• We are in the minority I think! Having never used ATC in a sim (or IRL) it doesn't concern me and I'd much prefer weather and/or AI as a priority. But any major addition will of course be welcomed by all :)

I actually mostly agree with you. Weather is my #1 wish, but IPACS has implied that ATC is their highest priority, so until they get that done we probably won't see any of the other features we want.

• Imho, the problem isn't about not having some specific release date, but rather that it is not even communicated if e. g. rather 10% or 90% of the necessary work for a feature in progress have been completed, i. e. are we closer to the beginning or closer to the end. I guess that some very rough idea like "~ 2/3 of feature xyz has been completed" would suffice for most people.

Very much false here. We always inform what we are working on and what's coming. I post our information in multiple locations on many different websites. Take a look at our official IPACS blog pinned to the top of this forum, in there you will find all of the information that we wish to make public. We even take the time to explain delays and inform everyone of changes to our plans.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff