Image tile coordinates

• Oh! I bet it's because of the comma used for the decimal mark rather than a period (e.g. 51,1055 vs. 51.1055). I wish the whole world could standardize on one or the other, and have the U.S. finally switch to the metric system too! I can probably fix it I think... check back in 20 minutes or so.

• It's FSET saying invalid. Fortunately, I could reproduce it. Screenshot is attached.

Kind regards, Michael

Can you check something for me? Can you draw a rectangle somewhere in FSET (doesn't matter where), then click the "C" button to copy, and then paste the output in a reply here? I need to see if the commas get passed by FSET back to Excel also. It should look something like this:

#--- Partial FS Earth Tiles ini datas ---

[FSEarthTiles]

AreaDefinitionMode = 2Points

NorthWestCornerLatitude = 49deg 50min 16.74sec north

NorthWestCornerLongitude = 7deg 48min 0sec east

SouthEastLatitude = 41deg 14min 41.18sec north

SouthEastLongitude = 22deg 12min 50.63sec east

WorkingFolder = C:\fset\work

SceneryFolder = C:\fset\scene

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

here we go:

----------------------------------------------------------

#--- Partial FS Earth Tiles ini datas ---

[FSEarthTiles]

AreaDefinitionMode = 2Points

NorthWestCornerLatitude = 44deg 25min 31,78sec north

NorthWestCornerLongitude = 8deg 50min 13,03sec east

SouthEastLatitude = 44deg 24min 41,9sec north

SouthEastLongitude = 8deg 51min 39,55sec east

WorkingFolder = H:\Geoconvert\FSET\work

SceneryFolder = H:\Geoconvert\FSET\scenery

----------------------------------------------------------

I am afraid you are right.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Here's a new version that should fix the issue. The problem is actually FSET. When you use the C button, it copies according to the system format, but when you use the P button, it will only work if the decimal marks are periods instead of commas.

This new version of the Excel tool compensates for that issue and should work with it whether your system uses commas or periods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv3clcl5i6v5…_v1.6.xlsm?dl=1

Please test it and let me know you encounter any other problems!

• Hi,

i have made Tiles for cpl. Germany with Benelux States and Boundaries to CH and Innsbruck.

The cpl. Files are 3.3 GB in 9er and 11 Tiles, with my important Airports at Level 0/ Tile13.

I am Ready.

PMB... why so one big FSET Tile for Germany ?

I have made in FSET with 4 Resolution, and 9 and 11 Tiles converted.

At the Northsea you must convert with Mask Tiles.... (Alpha Channel)

Regards

• I am Ready.

PMB... why so one big FSET Tile for Germany ?

No, I didn't make it. It doesn't make sense at all. I just checked what it would have been if I did it.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Here's a new version that should fix the issue. The problem is actually FSET. When you use the C button, it copies according to the system format, but when you use the P button, it will only work if the decimal marks are periods instead of commas.

This new version of the Excel tool compensates for that issue and should work with it whether your system uses commas or periods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv3clcl5i6v5…_v1.6.xlsm?dl=1

Please test it and let me know you encounter any other problems!

Hi all.

I use the Excel tool with a simple example:

Why the northwest corner is 0,703106N latitude instead of 0,703125N latitude???