Image tile coordinates

• thanks qwerty42 ! thanks Rodeo ! Even if the tool is simple, I have not tested it so much so I hope there is not too much bug in it;)

I did a quick test on FSearthTile by "drag&drop" the entire file, the result is not really satisfactory because FSearthTile seems to take into account only the bounding box of the set of polygons to define its work area -> a lot of unnecessary areas treated and it creates Tiles without taking into account the individual cutting of each square... pity but there is always the possibility of treating each square individually one after the other...

• If you're referring to the green colored grid that appears in FSET when you select an area, that grid unfortunately has no relation to AeroFly's internal grid. I think this probably confuses a lot of people using geoconvert for the first time, and maybe should be made clearer in the wiki.

This gets a little confusing, but the reason for all these tools we've posted in this thread is that AeroFly has its own structured internal grid it uses for its scenery tiles, and if you want to use geoconvert efficiently for an area, ideally you'd download only the pieces of scenery that exactly fit AeroFly's grid. This prevents wasted download time, and also prevents needing to use masks for partially-downloaded scenery tiles ('masks' in AeroFly are separately generated files which block out the incomplete portions of scenery tiles, which creates issues of gaps between scenery if you have adjacent scenery areas).

• qwerty42 is perfectly right !

If you want use an area.kml with AFS2 grid system you should choose Area snap: off

In FSEarthTiles snapping option could be setup in "Area snap" option.

LatLong: snap the bounding box on "one minute" unit of Lat/long degree.

LOD 13: LOD correspond to the specific grid system of old Microsoft Fight Simulator, LOD13 is level used for one square of Autogen file (.agn)

Tiles: I think that it correspond to specific pixel width and height of one tile used by google, Virtual Earth, etc...

• Hi ..

The mask dont covered the partielly scenery tiles....the overlapping exist to.

Aero has his own tiles...and at Startpoint in Aero we can see....zoom in... the tile borders from aero. But this, dont help in FSET.

When generated with FSET we have the Probs with overlapping tiles every time.

Only a chancewe have, is, that made a big Ground tile (cpl- Germany) at Detail 4 and compile with max Level 9-10.

After this, compile the next tiles for better view a small tile ( Airport) at Detail 0 and Level 13-14, only one.

That goes...but when you want more tiles after the first procedur.... the same Problems with overlapping tiles comes true.;(

FSET is not specialy for AeroFS2...;)

We can work with this, but it is very ticky...

I wish and hope that we become a Tile Tool that bring us the correct Tile coordinates for Aero FS....8)

Regards

• Hi uli057,

Yes, it is the masks that create issues. If you have any tiles that include masks, then you can never add scenery adjacent to those tiles that completely fills the area until you delete the masks and replace the masked tiles with complete ones. Please see my post here where I tried to explain what is going on: Scenery Loading Distance Also the reply further in that thread from Rodeo gives more detail

I haven't had a chance to test out vogel69's tool yet, but as far as I'm aware it does give you the correct tile coordinates for AeroFly. Also, if you look earlier in this thread, I posted an Excel file which will also calculate the exact coordinates for AeroFly tiles at any level, and that one I know for sure works because I've been using it all week :) Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, your solution already exists.

Edit: Just to clarify, if you're using the excel tool I posted, the workflow is like this: (1) Get the lat/long coordinates of any point inside the area you want scenery for. (2) Enter those coordinates into the tool where it says. (3) Specify the level you want it to give AeroFly tile coordinates for (9-15). (4) If you want a larger area than a single tile, you can add those with the boxes in the input section. (5) Click the big blue "Copy" square, and then in FSET click the "P" button which will paste those coordinates into FSET. (5) Download the area in FSET at whatever download resolution you'd like (e.g. -1 for really detailed areas, 1 for larger areas)

The thing to remember when using this tool is that you can generate complete tiles for any level above what you specify in the tool. For example, if you specify a tile level of 9, then within the coordinates it outputs, you can generate complete tiles of levels 9-15 with no masking/gaps/overlap. If you specify a level of 12, then you can generate complete tiles of levels 12-15, etc.

Edited once, last by qwerty42 (February 23, 2018 at 1:18 AM).

• Thank you Qwerty42, your Excel tool seems to me a very good alternative. ;)

Here a small workflow proposal with the FSEarth Tiles and the area.kml ... I have not really tested in real but I guess it should work :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by vogel69 (February 23, 2018 at 2:08 AM).

• Hi...

The excel sheet i look forward and work with... THX !!

"Vogel69"

That what you present with Vid have i made, but you copy tile for tile at FSET.

I have the goggle N/W Tile copy coordinates in FSET and i have copy from Google the S/E coordinates to FSET.

The Tiles are also show, but for copy (manual insert 2 Point) i must calculate in Aero/FSET Coordinates new.

And there is diffrent for coordinates between google and FSET.... a little bit diffrent.

i must after 50°. xxxxxxx all numbers set... for right calculate in example " N50° 26 24.55" at FSET

i am learn and i learn more when i tested self....than i understand this Aero tiles...;)

but many thx for all that help here in this forum !!!!:):thumbup:

Regards

uli

• I think to add a function to generate grid from a .ttc files folder (folder "Images" of the scenery)... may be could be usefull to check if all .ttc files with all level are done.

here a screenshot of the feature (you can hide or show grid for each level):

- Yellow: AFS2 Level 10 Grid

- Red: Level 12 Grid of my scenery "Images" (.ttc files) folder

[Blocked Image: https://tof.cx/images/2018/02/26/8e580609e294c41a423b4fcf3f1c8088.jpg]

• Good stuff!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I think to add a function to generate grid from a .ttc files folder (folder "Images" of the scenery)... may be could be usefull to check if all .ttc files with all level are done.

here a screenshot of the feature (you can hide or show grid for each level):

- Yellow: AFS2 Level 10 Grid

- Red: Level 12 Grid of my scenery "Images" (.ttc files) folder

[Blocked Image: https://tof.cx/images/2018/02/26/8e580609e294c41a423b4fcf3f1c8088.jpg]

Yes please!!! This would be really useful! Also, I don't want to get greedy, but if it could also detect masked .ttc tiles and show them in a different color, I think that would also be a really cool feature.

• thanks HiFlyer, thanks qwerty42 :)

Yes please!!! This would be really useful! Also, I don't want to get greedy, but if it could also detect masked .ttc tiles and show them in a different color, I think that would also be a really cool feature.

my slab detection is very simple because based only on filenames that contain all the necessary information. For masked files, I'm not familiar with ... are the filename different ? If the difference can be done only at the binary level in the Header or the body of the file it may be a little harder because I have no information on the binary structure of .ttc files... but the idea is good ;)

Edited 2 times, last by vogel69 (February 27, 2018 at 9:33 AM).

• :thumbup: Yes,

I like this idea very much as well. It's a kind of re-engineering our geoconversions ;)

You can easily detect the masking files, they have the same file name just added a mask.

Example:

map_09_8580_a700.ttc

map_09_8580_a700_mask.ttc

Regards

Rodeo

• one more thanks for you Rodeo ;)

new revision of tool...

Go into Folder Grid Tab for the new option...

https://tof.cx/image/LWG86

To avoid overloading, I choose to add only an icon if there is a mask file associated with the Tile.

https://tof.cx/image/LWMfV

https://tof.cx/image/LWYF1

• Thanks for all your effort, vogel69!!!:thumbup:

Great stuff, I like it and can use it, since I did a lot of test conversions over a long time span.

Just 2 small remarks:

The suggested file type is KML, but the extension is KMZ.

When I do a second run of another directory, the storage for the photo_ground_grid directory points still to the first one.

But this is nitpicking... ;)

Example of practical usage

• Hi.

That tool is the best... and i found no errors.

Ground for me with Level 10 or 11..... Special Tiles only Level 13.

Run !

My Ground Scenery goes forward, and i am at this moment work from Frankfurt to Basel....

The rest from austria, north from Lowi runs....:) No overlapping with Pay Scenery.

When i have made all i summary the GB for completed Ground...

The allmost best wishes to all and specialy "Vogel69" !!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Regards

• Thanks my friends your words go straight to my heart. :)

Thank you Rodeo, I try to take into account your just remarks and updated the 1.1 revision (link updated also in the post above) hoping that I didn't add new bug in correcting old one ;)

If you find any usefulness to this tool I am very happy. if it can help a bit addon developers for this great simulator it's a good thing :D

• There just occurred another idea to me: Would it be possible to reuse this tool for Cultivation as well? This would solve two issues, at least for me.

(i) OSM only allows rather small areas to export. Yes, you can select to overpass the API, which for some reason simply doesn't work for me, thus I have to look for alternative OSM mirrors if I want to cultivate larger areas. I don't know which resolution level is small enough to make OSM happy, but one could select this one and fill the wanted OSM area with squares (maybe given sensible names according to location) to be cultivated one by one afterwards.

(ii) Importing the tiles selected using the vogel69 tool into OSM would allow to create coherent ground images as well as cultivation borders, which you could extended later, if you want to, as they are both clearly cut at the same borders.

Maybe this is just a pipe dream but I would enjoy such a tool.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64