Image tile coordinates

• Great tool. Showing up some partial coverage in areas I thought were complete.

thanks vogel69

Just a suggestion. It is possible to spawn a Google Earth process with a file name as an argument (works from Java at least). If Google Earth is already running the file gets passed to the running instance.

cheers

/Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

There just occurred another idea to me: Would it be possible to reuse this tool for Cultivation as well? This would solve two issues, at least for me.

(i) OSM only allows rather small areas to export. Yes, you can select to overpass the API, which for some reason simply doesn't work for me, thus I have to look for alternative OSM mirrors if I want to cultivate larger areas. I don't know which resolution level is small enough to make OSM happy, but one could select this one and fill the wanted OSM area with squares (maybe given sensible names according to location) to be cultivated one by one afterwards.

(ii) Importing the tiles selected using the vogel69 tool into OSM would allow to create coherent ground images as well as cultivation borders, which you could extended later, if you want to, as they are both clearly cut at the same borders.

Maybe this is just a pipe dream but I would enjoy such a tool.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

Not sure to well understand your idea, but I think the cultivation aspect might be easier to manage if Arno tries to insert this special grid system into Scenproc in order to make a suitable "Splitgrid" step...

Great tool. Showing up some partial coverage in areas I thought were complete.

thanks vogel69

Just a suggestion. It is possible to spawn a Google Earth process with a file name as an argument (works from Java at least). If Google Earth is already running the file gets passed to the running instance.

cheers

/Stu

Hi lenidcamper,

good idea I will have a try with google earth process ;)

• Thank you Vogel69,

I'm very glad to read you here and see you stepped in and provide your great tools for AFS2 too, that's highly appreciated and welcome!

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• thanks to you Antoine,

Iin fact, I'm here mostly cause of you and after having followed your work of clearing on this new simulator ;)

I was charmed by the results you got. and after buying an Oculus Rift, I took the plunge to AFS2 ... And that's the moment where I took my slap in the face... no going back :D

• Hi Trespassers and Vogel69 !

Happy to notice that I'm not the only French simmer to show large interest for Aerofly FS 2 after having spent hours, days and years (and hundreds of euros as well) on some other flightsims and in another VFR forum. I particularly remember the very good job done by Vogel69 around fsx and p3d in F-BMPL forum...

As far as I can imagine, Aerofly fs 2 has excellent perspectives of development without becoming a "usine à gaz à la fsx".. That's why from now it becomes my principal flightsim reference, hopefully for a long time.

And many thanks for optimizing the Geoconverter tools. By the way, I would be much interested, if available, to get Corsica "geoconverted" by Vogel69.

Pierre Antier

• Hi all,

Maybe I didn't look correctly, but I read in the SDK that the different levels of the imagery have fixed locations (first level one image for the entire earth, etc). But is there a specification of this system somewhere? It would be useful to know how I can calculate the borders of each tile.

I'm asking because I have a (not yet released) feature in scenProc that can grab images from a WMS and export them to a photo scenery. I would like to give this a try for AeroFly as well.

Mr. Arno; I simply wanted to say thank you, thank you very much, for your work and your help.

… I’m ‘making’ all my country; a photo real scenery and is only possible, using the ‘tools’ you’ve developed for us; for free…[Blocked Image: http://www.aereo.jor.br/wp-content/uploads//2013/03/F-16-FAP-foto-For%C3%A7a-A%C3%A9rea-Portuguesa.jpg]

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

Edited once, last by Xanix (March 3, 2018 at 5:23 AM).

• Hi,

I just wanted to try your tool. I made the outline kml file and saved it. Next, I called your tool, dragged the kml file upon it, it says KML loaded. However, when I press Generate KML grid it crashes - reproducibly ("stopped working"). I went into the Windows Error Report, there are two errors, first a .NET one and next an Appplication error. The reports are long (and completely bla bla for me), but I can copy and send them to you, in case you can make sense of them.

This is Win10/64 Home, if that matters.

Any idea what's going on? Anything I can test? I've attached the kml case just for testing, it's in NZ

NZNI.zip.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Once again...

I found the mistake at Prgramm.

At Australia east side no grid....

South circle from E145° to 180° and more no grids... next step is South America, there was grid made

When i go to Asia ...Japan...or west australia behind E145° he make the grid.

LAT / Lon Mistake in Program??

Regards

ULI

Edited 2 times, last by uli057 (March 6, 2018 at 10:51 AM).

• Just a wild guess, maybe it's the close date line interfering...?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thanks for file Michael, I've tested it and I found the bug ;)

what do you mean by "no grids"? is the tool bugging ? or there is a hole for some areas in the generated kml file?

thank you in any case for all your tests ;)

ps: I've updated the last revision with the Michael's bug correction ;) link upper

• Thanks for file Michael, I've tested it and I found the bug ;)

ps: I've updated the last revision with the Michael's bug correction ;) link upper

That's cool, thank you. I'll certainly test it later.

Kind regards, Michael

• Hi Vogel.

I dont no for Bug!

When we make the Polygon to kml and save it,and then put in at Grid generator, the Grid Programm closed with Errors. (Program cut off)

this mistake comes only between coordinates (google Earth grid) ...South circle from E145° to 180° and more.

From xxx.... to 145° is all ok.

The mistake comes in both versions!

regards

Edited once, last by uli057 (March 6, 2018 at 2:01 PM).

• Hi,

I can happily report today's download does work for me. Good work, Vogel69!

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

• I've got one more question.

The present workflow according to the video which I follow and which works, requires to select one square in Google Earth, save as Area.kml, shift this upon FSET and let it do its work. Next, you proceed with the second and so on. This may become a bit nasty in case you want to process a larger number of squares in a row.

Would there be a way to export a number of (say five) squares at a time to Area.kml before shifting it to FSET? I think this is less a question about the grid tool but about Google Earth, but I was not able to achieve a multiple export so far, as I can't select several of the squares at a time.

Kind regards, Michael