What am I doing wrong?

• I’m having trouble adding repaints, I have added the necessary folder to documents/aerofly fs 2/aircraft/c172. I am a new user to FS2 and the forums (2weeks), I have read the instructions on adding the folder, seemed easy enough, but I have added two of drhotwing1 files and neither of them show up in the aircraft choice area. Thanks for any suggestions!

Roger

aka-Wakashi

Regards, Roger

• Have you extracted (unzipped) the file that you downloaded?

Your process is correct; if you are wanting to install a c172 repaint and there isn't already a folder in the documents\aircraft folder then you need to make your own.

Also, check to make sure there isn't another level inside the folder, for example newliveryfolder/newliveryfolder/files

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes Sir, downloaded & extracted to the c172 folder. Inside the c172 folder are two folders (n94883 &n94883_red) then in each of these are two subfolders and four files (3 .ttx files and 1 .tmr file). No other files exist in the folder, Thanks for the prompt reply, I will also read the wiki, not necessarily interested at this time on repainting but that could change, just wanted to add a little more color to my fleet.

Regards, Roger

• The correct path of the textures you added should look like this: Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft\c172\n94883\fuselage00_color.ttx...

There shouldn't be any sub folders in the two repaint folders you added and their should be one folder for each repaint that you have and in each of these folders the files must be contained. If they are in another sub directory Aerofly won't find them.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Seems that is the problem. Mine path is: Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft\c172\n94883\n94883\fuselage00_color.ttx... I have the extra folder n94883 and I didn't add it, I just extracted straight to the c172 folder from the zip file. I tried to delete the sub folder but that deleted everything of course. Don't know why I would have two folders!

Regards, Roger

• I believe that I have figured it out, I extracted to the work folder then just added the extracted folder to the c172 folder and voila. Sorry to have been a bother on something so trivial, but I have learned from the experience. Thanks again for the help and prompt replies.

Regards, Roger

• Seems that is the problem. Mine path is: Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft\c172\n94883\n94883\fuselage00_color.ttx... I have the extra folder n94883 and I didn't add it, I just extracted straight to the c172 folder from the zip file. I tried to delete the sub folder but that deleted everything of course. Don't know why I would have two folders!

Yes, that is what's wrong like I mentioned. There should be only one level of folder structure for each livery.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes, that is what's wrong like I mentioned. There should be only one level of folder structure for each livery.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed at times but just like a steer I try all the same! :) Again, I certainly appreciate your time and efforts, it is refreshing to ask a question and recieve a prompt and courteous response, I think I'm going to like it here!

Regards, Roger

• No matter what you want to get into (scenery creation, aircraft liveries, airports etc.), regardless of whether you think you are good enough or not, there will always be someone on here to help you right up to when you are fully doing it yourself.

This is a very active community here.

Enjoy yourself, and give our design tools a try, you will be hooked :)

Regards,

Jeff