Gentlemen, pick your weapons

• Well the lines have been drawn if I am correct. For the first time an airport (Eagle Regional) is selling for the same price on two Sims from Orbx. So if you want FSX you pay $US30 odd, if you want the Aerofly version you pay exactly the same amount. If I am correct, in the past , Orbx charged 'x' amount for one with a very good discount for the other.

It now appears, Orbx have made the decision either pick one or the other or pay for both at the same given price. I know I cannot afford nearly $US 70 to buy both.

My decision is Aerofly. Good bye FSX, although I will be flying in FSX with all the lovely scenery I bought. I hope to get more, but if I have to choose between the two, it's Aerofly all the way for me.

That's how I see the situation anyway.

Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Actually, Orbx offer 40% off when you buy the same scenery for another sim. It only applies at Orbx Direct however.

I don't think I'll ever say goodbye to Prepar3d v4 until I get a sim that has all the features and third party developer addons. Time will tell.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Yes, you are correct of course, but I like the way this Sim in heading. I don't yet have the VR glasses but that's what I'm aiming for in time. The good thing for me is that Orbx are still involved. I'll only ever buy their products.

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Having bought all but one of the offerings from Orbx for FS2, after having previously bought them for P3D, I can attest that if you have the prior purchase in your Orbx account, they do apply the discount off the new platform when you make the purchase. The published price is still the same, but a discount does get applied at checkout.. But as others have said, both copies must have been bought from Orbx directly, not through any of the approved vendors.