• One of the things i've noticed is that the smaller autogen buildings no longer have shadows.

At the same time, I have heard many people in various places describe a feeling of "disconnectedness" when looking at current Cultivation, brought on both by the current squareness and lack of variety and the fact that the buildings seem be placed/sitting on the ground, but not "connected" to the ground.

I assume that this probably has something to do with frame rates, but I think a fairly low cost solution might be ambient occlusion. I've seen it work well in other programs on a wide scale with only a negligible fps hit, and especially in Outerra and FSW it "connects" buildings visually quite firmly to the ground.

Just wondering have the developers ever considered it?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• We accidentally dropped shadow support for cultivation buildings with one of the last updates, its already fixed and will be available again with the next update.

That will be great!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• We accidentally dropped shadow support for cultivation buildings with one of the last updates, its already fixed and will be available again with the next update.

I already wondered why the buildings looked so detached and why it didn’t bother me before: that was because it used to be better! ;) Glad to hear this will be fixed with the next update! Hope to see that update soon!

• its already fixed and will be available again with the next update.

BTW Could it be possible to fix things like this with a hotfix...? So we don't have to wait for the next big update?

• We have some big updates coming soon so please be patient.

"Some Big ... soon" - sounds great.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64