How to map controls to individual flaps/aerelons

• Hi!

When looking in the advanced controller setup, I can map channels to flaps left, flaps right, aerelon left, aerlon right.

However, it seems that on the planes I tried both flaps and aerelons are only mapped to the "main" flap and aerelon controls.

So I'm not able to control individual flaps or aerelons.

I tried programming crow / full span aerelons / snap flaps etc just for kicks, but unable to map this in Aerofly RC 7.

Is this because the models I have just don't support this?

Or is there a way to map a models control surfaces to the individual left/right flaps/aerelon controls that I haven't found yet?

Thanks for any advice!

• Hi Jürgen!

For example:

- Full span aerelons: mix in flaps with down aerelons for faster rolls

- Crow: Flaps down + both aerelons up for air braking

- Snap flaps: mix in flaps with up aerelon for faster turns

And just because I can :) . Just to see how it flies.

It looks like Aerofly has some functions for it, just don't know how to use it.

• As the mixers in RC7 are fixed and not accessible you have to create a separate file in the transmitter for the model concerned where you mix your functions within before you send it to RC7.

Concerning "Crow":

This function is a fake! In reality quite normal spoilers are used! But not shown, of course.

But visible in function Ctrl/F12

Rgds Jürgen

• As the mixers in RC7 are fixed and not accessible you have to create a separate file in the transmitter for the model concerned where you mix your functions within before you send it to RC7.

Concerning "Crow":

This function is a fake! In reality quite normal spoilers are used! But not shown, of course.

But visible in function Ctrl/F12

Rgds Jürgen

This is not a fake, this is the extra drag not modelled by the aerowing itself. In reality you'd have quite a strong vortex going off at the point where the aileron meets the flap.

Plus the flap effectiveness is only realistic to a certain flap deflection, the high flap deflection used in this butterfly configuration require additional drag to account for the separation of the airflow. This is at the edge of the normal physics, in reality you see 3D effects that largely differ from those of the normal wing, so its not a surprise additional drag is required physically. This effect is also non linear, etc. so its a good thing we have that extra drag to give a more realistic, real live like performance.

Regards,

Jan