Aerosoft just released Helgoland for AeroflyFS2

• I have my self-made scenery (Geoconvert...) on drive H:. I learned this can be achieved via an entry

<[string8][extra_user_folder][h:\ipacs]>

in main.mcf which lives in

C:\Users\[my profile\Documents\Aerofly FS 2

Wouldn't it be possible to use this same scheme for shifting Helgoland (and other commercial sceneries) to, say, H:?

Best regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• That's the IPACS recommended procedure to place the user scenery on another drive of your choice, to save OS disk space. Regretfully, on my first attempt today this won't work for Helgoland, but even worse, it seems the Aerosoft guys are not aware of that possibility within AFS2 and their installer only admits the option to place the Helgoland files on the Documents folder (which is normally, I would say 99% of the time, placed on our OS drive). Got a very unprecise answer on the Aerosoft forums to a request I've posted about the new installer allowing the possibility to place the files on another drive following the IPACS recommended procedure.

Anyway, this is not a huge issue now, but it'll be in the near future, once we have tons of files in C:, or at least for sure it won't help.

Cheers, Ed

PD: And with ORBX it happens the same thing.

Edited once, last by edpatino (February 21, 2018 at 3:53 AM).

• Does anyone/everyone have very low resolution scenery immediately adjacent to the mainland airport - Busum?

I don’t see any solution to fix this in the Helgoland info. Looks like a faux pas.

I am a bit disappointed in the mediocre resolution of the package. Our standard 1 m/level 14 FSET scenery looks superior to me. I do like the animated wind turbines though.

Regards,

Ray

• You can see in the promo screenshots that the resolution is low around the mainland airport. They did add it as a bonus, which doesn't come with the product on other platforms. Here's hoping for Orbx's potential Germany region probably next year. I'm also still keen on Aerosoft's Lukla. That would be frightening in VR.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Hi,

regarding our personal documents folder.

I have Win10 at my first drive c: which is a small SSD.

All the rest is on another hd drive d: of large capacity.

Best way is to tell Win 10 to move the whole documents folder to d:

I suppose in this case the installer would automatically install the aerosoft scenery at d:

Check www for moving the documents folder.

Regards

Rodeo

• I have to admit I didn't even KNOW about the Busum airport region being included in the package until I read this thread this morning. I'm thrilled to have the total area of the add-on increased by what, 1000%? A quick Geoconvert scenery creation of that area should solve any problems with the low res ground at low altitudes.

I guess I am in the minority, but I love this first offering from Aerosoft.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I guess I am in the minority, but I love this first offering from Aerosoft.

I love it, too. And, yes, I'll make a larger region on the mainland using GeoConvert.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Ich habe aerofly auf Steam, und helgoland bei aerofly gekauft enrico ...man muss deswegen nicht warten, läuft ...

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• No. My Steam account is on K: but Helgoland went to the root drive despite.

Kind regards, Michael

• Will Helgoland be released as a Steam DLC as well?

I'm not keen looking for updates on any more flight sim products, I like how Steam automatically updates everything for me.

Agreed. Although I obviously do hope more and more 3rd party developers will start developing for AFS2 I also really do hope those addons will (also) released through Steam. Last week I wanted to reinstall P3D 4.2 but after two tries I decided to forget about it for now because of 1. all the work involved and 2. various incompatibilities (and 3. developers blaming each other for those incompatibilities). I absolutely LOVE how AFS2 is constantly up to date without having to worry about incompatibilities. In that regard it is great that IPACS likes to do as much as possible themselves. I also bought LOWI through Steam and regret getting KEGE form Orbx themselves. (Helgoland I am not interested in btw: way too small for my taste.)

• If I remember correctly, the size of the improved area at Eagle Vail was your reason for not buying until you realized how large it really is. I think Helgoland with the Islands, ships, offshore platforms areas, and onshore mainland areas along with the animations are certainly one of my favorite add ons.

It does have a few weak areas, but these will probably be corrected right away.

Regards,

Ray