• You're not the first one to request this but my question always was what exactly do you need this for?
    You're not gonna rebind your landing light, gear command, short cuts for the moving map, flight info etc, or buttons to extend flaps, arm spoilers and so on.

Its a bit overkill if you want to change that one assignment and you have to do that for all your 10 different saved controller configurations. So 90% of the assignments throughout your saved controller configurations would be redundant.

So what exactly do you hope to get with saving controller configurations?

I figure mostly changes to throttle assignments like for a twin engine jet you'd like two levers to control engine 1 and 2 thrust, for a cessna you'd maybe prefer one lever for the power and another one for mixture. Maybe for the gliders you may want one lever to be flaps and the other to be airbrakes. And for a turboprop maybe two levers for power and one for both propeller speeds?

Is this what you are looking for? Or give me more examples where you'd need a different joystick setup for each airplane.

• Helicopters are one thing that springs to mind; you want your joystick throttle to work in reverse, so pulling it towards you raises the collective.

Another one would be the toe brakes on a Spitfire, where you have one brake lever and then use the rudder pedals to move the braking left and right, rather than having two separate toe brakes like most planes have.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Jet-Pack, There are basically three reasons...

1. Backing up your settings in case of system crash, getting a new PC, needing to redo your settings because of an FS2 software change as recently happened, etc.

2. Sharing of controller setups among users. For example you upgrade from a Logitech Extreme to a Thrustmaster T16000 HOTAS. Another user has uploaded the configuration to the FS2 file sharing area, which you download and save yourself a bunch of work. Also, you learn what controls are needed for a given aircraft (standardizes/minimizes the learning curve).

3. Different setups for different aircraft -- aerobatic vs wide-body airline vs helicopter vs glider.

DCS World allows save/load controller configuration and it is used a lot for all of the above. In fact DCS saves each config with each plane, so the configuration you prefer for a given aircraft is automatically loaded. The sharing of configurations between users is used a lot.

• Well you can already share and backup the config files I think (never tried it), its the gc-map.mcf in the user folder I think.

And for the number three: this is exactly what I need more detail about. What in particular would you reconfigure for an aerobatic plane vs. an airliner? Glider airbrake can already be assigned on a custom axis and so would be helicopter collective. Once you've assigned it the right way you never have to worry about it again.

I know DCS saves per aircraft and it has advantages but I don't like redoing the same exact control assignment 18 times for all our aircraft. This doesn't suit Aerofly well. Aerofly is a flight simulator, not so much a configure and tweek until it finally works program. :)

• Well you can already share and backup the config files I think (never tried it), its the gc-map.mcf in the user folder I think.

And for the number three: this is exactly what I need more detail about. What in particular would you reconfigure for an aerobatic plane vs. an airliner? Glider airbrake can already be assigned on a custom axis and so would be helicopter collective. Once you've assigned it the right way you never have to worry about it again.

I know DCS saves per aircraft and it has advantages but I don't like redoing the same exact control assignment 18 times for all our aircraft. This doesn't suit Aerofly well. Aerofly is a flight simulator, not so much a configure and tweek until it finally works program. :)

I agree, it can be quite painful setting up a new plane in DCS, when you are just repeating stuff you've done many times already.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals