• I've just bought Condor 2. It's underwhelming, and so seem to think most other customers. The difference in look/feel is too small and there is no VR.

So, IPACS, there is still a market to be won there. Would you consider spending some extra time on the thermal engine? Getting it acceptable is good enough for now. Perfection can be found later on.

• This is probably your fifth time asking this and being a glider pilot myself I can understand that you want this so bad.

I've asked this before in other threads, what in particular would you like to see changed in thermals? I remember the width of the thermal being considered a bit too small and they are too rare and to short (time wise) but would that be enough for now? At the moment a full thermal model redesign is probably not on the table, stuff like thermals flowing up hill or being created where there would be more sun intensity is not so easy to retro-fit. Also the correlation of clouds and thermals isn't going to improve cause the clouds are not yet made by IPACS, ergo we don't have control of where they are, physically.

• Useable thermals, that when not setting thermals to 10 and wind to 0, you can still find and center thermals. At the moment the only way up in a believable way is ridge lift.

I know i'm on repeat, but in this case, given that Condor 2 is not what everybody hoped it to be, there's also room for Aerofly to take market.

• Exactly my thoughts! Happy to see Condor 2 finally out, don't get me wrong, but the landscapes and lighting are really dated.

The first thing I thought is this is a brilliant opportunity for Aerofly.

I would love to see winch launches coming back, but I have to agree about the thermals. Top priority if you want to win some gliding hearts.

• How about just having the THERMALS SLIDER adjust the thermals width, frequency, and duration all at the same time? I'm not a glider pilot but I do like to try the other Aerofly planes and it was a bit frustrating looking for thermals in the gliders.

The MAX setting would be for Beginners with the MIN setting for Experts.

• Same here, i dont saw before that AF2 had to be great in gliding / thermals,

because i wait for Condor V2 ( after 10 years, and 1 year talking about "releaseV2 is coming in a " few moments " tssss ....)

Now V2 is released and I am really disappointed ... Its no V2 ... its 1.5a :( :( nothing new in it, a little bit better pixels ...thats it ...NO VR ! ! SHAME to it.

So I uninstalled Condor2 ( 60 Euro thrown away) ... and now all my expectations and wishes are again up to you Ipacs :) :)

( But Helicopter is my first wish .. and forcefeedback + DOF3 + )

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I've just bought Condor 2. It's underwhelming, and so seem to think most other customers. The difference in look/feel is too small and there is no VR.

So, IPACS, there is still a market to be won there. Would you consider spending some extra time on the thermal engine? Getting it acceptable is good enough for now. Perfection can be found later on.

Hello. Do you know what I think? Well, I never liked very much the developers and the so called ‘club’ supporters, of Condor.

I’ve a legitimate license of Condor, plane pack 1 and plane pack 2.

I was waiting for the latest version… some days ago, I think they banned my ‘home’ IP. I really don’t know why? Never posted on the forum; never raced online. No reply to my contact... no explanation!

I’m glad that happened. With the latest ‘news’ about version 2. A simple update not an upgrade; I will never, ever go back. I’ve never been treated like that, in my life. I’ve 46 years now; I’m a husband and a father of two lovely girls. That simulator, the team and the ‘special ones’ community, is a story to forget…

IPACS developers, team; are the most kind and nice people I’ve found on the ‘aircraft sims’. AFS1 is good; AFS2 is simply, great!

Back on topic; is anyone working on a new sailplane for AFS2? Duo Discus XLT anyone? The ASG and the FOX could have, a new friend…

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

• Am also a big sailplane fan and have been for over 15 years. Having recently checked out the ASG 29 just yesterday and loving it (nicely done!), I'd be another AFS2 fanboy who'd love to have the sim's thermals capabilities upgraded at some time in the future. Just an opinion for the bean counters. :) Will be checking out the other sailplane soon.

It makes me very happy to hear several people saying they love the ASG29 glider. I spend quite a bit of time to get a good and realistic feel and tried to match the performance as closely as I could. Having flown the ASW28 with a very similar cockpit and pretty much the same fuselage helped of course. Also having flown real world gliders with flaps helped quite a bit here. Sadly we didn't purchase an ASG29 in our flying club otherwise I would have had first hand experience when setting up this bird. But I'm very happy that it worked out well.

• Hi. For FSX/P3D, you have the free one, from fsglider.de and for Condor 1, you have the one, that comes on the plane pack 1.

Testing both simulators/birds, I only can say; Mr. Jet-Pack, you’ve done an outstanding job on the 29 for AFS2!

I think that almost everyone knows the work of Mr. Wolfgang Piper; he offers nearly 80 free sailplanes, from the last millennium - 30’s to 90’s (fsx/p3d):

https://www.fsglider.de/index.htm

https://www.fsglider.de/p_sg3_e.htm

[Blocked Image: https://www.fsglider.de/bilder/asw27-18.gif][Blocked Image: https://www.fsglider.de/bilder/asw27b_b21.gif]

Off course, Mr. Jet-Pack here; offers you a free ASH-31 motorized for Aerofly FS 1:

https://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/downl…_ash31_download

... and a Pioneer 3 too: https://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/downl…fs/affs_pioneer

[Blocked Image: https://www.aerofly-sim.de/wp-content/uploads/Bilder/ASH/aerofly%20FS-ash31-suisse-03-20141005-165529.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://www.aerofly-sim.de/wp-content/images/aeroflyFS/aircraft/pioneer3/aerofly%20FS-pioneer3-suisse-03-20150621-195308.jpg]

Yes, the ASG-29 flies very well…

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

… in my humble opinion; ‘Innsbruck’, the most beautiful scenery released for AFS2 + sailplanes…

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

Edited 4 times, last by Xanix (February 24, 2018 at 2:16 PM).

• Look what I've found. Aerotowing to thermals in Aerofly 5.7 (The RC sim from IPACS).

The rope physics look great. If only we could have the same code...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've been involved in Gliding/Soaring simulation for some years now and have to say i thought i'd seen the best but your program with the ASG 29 around Innsbruck has to be THE BEST V/R simulation of gliding by a mile!!!! Way ahead of anything else. You get a real sensation of real movement and the ridge soaring simulation is superb. I have to say i agree better Thermals would be great but the biggest improvement just now would be a Tow Plane...oh and maybe a two seater(ASK 21!) with multi player capability......oh and a winch......and.......;-)

Also any possibility of ORBX doing a UK scenery area? That would be great!

Many thanks for the work

And by the way a lot of people in the UK at the moment are looking at Gliding simulation

Regards to all

• I've asked why the rope wasn't kept in the game and the answer was it wasn't coded well and caused trouble and potential performance issues. So if/when we put it back in the code needs to be adjusted. The rope was also quite like a bungee, it was not easy to maintain a good airspeed. Plus the towing plane that you are seeing is my own creation of a towing autopilot, that was not in the game and would need to be redone. Plus at the moment there is no second aircraft to interact with, that will cause changes in all sorts of ares, including the rendering code. RIght now that is not up for debate but the feature is on the todo list and might eventually make it into the sim. I'd love to see that back in the sim and now I feel like I'm good enough at coding that I can program this, it still will take time off our other big projects such as ATC and would delay this.

• We need this sound on the 'Flyby' view...

External Content www.youtube.com

Kind regards to all,

Xanix