A small tutorial summary simplified?

• Hello everyone and excuse me because like a lot of French, I can not speak English well.

There are many answers to questions, unanswered questions on the forum, and it's hard to navigate, especially when you do not know anything about it.

Y-would there be a nice person to write a little tutorial that explains concretely how to create his aerodrome with a little ground around for newbee like me, and this, starting from zero? :thumbup:

Today, I am just able to recover images, files and coordinates on FSEarth Tiles. After, where to put them, what to do, I'm completely lost. ?(

It would be good to do so by pointing out the right links and what tools are actually used.

The best for me would be on an airfield in resolution -1, the surroundings in resolution 0 and the rest in resolution 2 on FSEarth Tiles.

Thank you very much if you can help me. :)

Sincerely.

• Thanks for your response.

This is how I try to proceed according to the guide:

Step-By-Step Guide

Step 1 Obtain your FSET files. Note- you will only need the image files and inf files for the tool

Step 2 Place the image and inf files (from FSET) into the 'input_aerial_images' folder. Note- disregard all other files produced by FSET, you don't need them. Do NOT rename any of the files made by FSET.

Step 3 Use the inf2tfw application (refer to prerequisites for download); point to the 'input_aerial_images' folder where you have the image and inf files located and run the application. You should now see that tfw files were added for you.

I had by fset BMP files, text document, configuration information and thumbnail bmp.

I placed the big pictures and the configuration information files in:

X: \ aerofly_fs_2_geoconvert \ input_aerial_images \

without changing anything.

I then run inf2tfw, I indicate the path where the files are and when I validate, nothing happens, even after an hour of waiting!

When I point to the folder containing the files, nothing is displayed in inf2tfw.

I do not understand. Maybe it's due to my age (67 years old)?

Thanks for your help.

• Before starting the conversions you first need to specify the region that you want to convert in the tmc file.

Here is an example region for the majority of south Germany. The first coordinate (longitude) has to be degrees towards east (negative values in USA) and the second value (latitude) is towards north. On the southern hemisphere this would be negative.

You have two sets of coordinates that you need to enter: the min position being the west/south corner (lower left on map) and the _max being the east/north corner (upper right on map)

Code
                <[tmcolormap_region][element][0]
                    <[uint32]              [level]  [9]>
                    <[vector2_float64]     [lonlat_min]   [7.27 49.41]> // 7.270258 49.414547 
                    <[vector2_float64]     [lonlat_max]   [13.17 47.43]> // 13.168544 47.428086 
                    <[bool]                [write_images_with_mask][true]>
                >

In that file you also have a "folder_destination_ttc", the path for the output folder which you can manipulate, too. This is where your files will be saved afterwards.

If the region specified does not overlap with any of your input files the converter will still try to convert them but you wont see any output files.

• Thank you Jet-Pack for your help.

I explain in detail what I do:

- My images and information files are stored in:

X: \ aerofly_fs_2_geoconvert \ input_aerial_images

-I created the tmc file by retrieving coordinates from fset (touch C) and using Convert FSET to Aerofly TMC File located here:

http://ndgrad.co.uk/fs2/fset2tmc/

Here is the content of the tmc file named perigueux.tmc

<[file][][]

<[tmcolormap_regions][][]

<[string] [folder_source_files][./input_aerial_images/]>

<[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>

<[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[bool] [do_heightmaps][false]>

<[bool] [write_images_with_mask][false]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[uint32] [level] [9]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [0.77 45.22]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [0.85 45.17]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [11]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [12]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [13]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [15]>

>

>

>

>

- from which I removed the following two lines:

<[bool] [write_raw_files] [true]>

<[String8] [folder_destination_raw] [./ scenery / images_raw /]>

- I then created a perigueux.bat command file containing this:

. \ aerofly_fs_2_geoconvert.exe perigueux.tmc

- Then I run inf2tfwConverter.exe and I point to

X: \ aerofly_fs_2_geoconvert \ input_aerial_images

but nothing is displayed in the program window.

I click Open but nothing happens.

- I then run my perigueux.bat command file and there I have an error:Aerofly FS2 GeoConvert error: no input aerial images found in './'

Obviously, it can not find the .bmp files while they are in the folder.

I hope not to bother you too much but I am really lost. Thanks again. :)

• Good evening,

I wanted to thank you for your help.

I got to do my field but with FSEarth Tiles set to 0 instead of -1

It may be a little less precise but I am happy to have succeeded.

The window of inf2tfwConverter remains empty but hey, maybe it's normal?

One last question: wanting to have precision especially for cities and airports, does it necessarily have to build everything at level 0, or can I make these cities and airports at zero level and all that surrounds at level 2 for example?

Again thank you and have a good weekend to all.

Sincerely,

Michel

• I'm glad you got it working. In my own converting process I found that I don't always have to run the inf2fw converter. Somehow it seems to work without that, not sure if that is intended :)

Yes, I think you can do overlapping sceneries, one with low resolution downloaded at level 2 and a smaller region with level 0. But I'm not 100% sure.

What you can do is download everything in high resolution and then specify which areas should be high definition in the sim by changing the regions in the tsc file.