Aerofly FS 2 VR Hands Have Arrived!

• Great implementation of VR hands!!

Love the additional menu functionality from inside VR.

Just one glitch. If the controller is motionless for 30 seconds or so the VR hand disappears from where it was and reappears embedded in your forehead.

Shaking the controller re-establishes the proper position but it is a little annoying to have to keep re-syncing the controller.

cheers

Stu

PS

this is with the Rift controller

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

Edited once, last by lenidcamper: additional info (February 23, 2018 at 10:55 PM).

• I will have to try after deleting the "main" file, as for me the menu button on Vive did nothing. Nothing on controllers would centre view, but holding down on touch pad brought up control overlay or back in to menu.

Should there be vibration or haptic feedback or whatever? I'm sure I readi there should be, hope so as felt geat in XP but I wasn't getting any.

• I'm very impressed so far. I'm using the Oculus Rift CV1 with the touch controllers

Using the "Hands" does take a bit of getting used to and I frequently find myself reverting to the thumb-sticks but little doubt, with a bit of practice I'll get used to the feature.

I actually find the touch controllers more sensitive, in a positive way, opposed to the Xbox controller I had previously been using - the throttle responds much faster, the lag that used to prevail has gone.

All in, it's an excellent addition to an already impressive flight sim.

• So now pressing the bottom of the Vive touch pad does centre position too, as well as overly or menu. But shouldn't this be the top little button above the pad?

Still no feedback, so what does the Wiki mean by feeling it when you push a button?

So you are using the Vive and you aren't feeling the haptic feedback in your controllers?

I'm testing right now with Oculus Touch and I feel it (although we may need to make it a little bit more), I'm wondering if the Vive controllers have less feedback in them. This will be looked into but the haptic feedback works well.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I solved my problem. I was flying in the modded Cessna, and it does not work there. It works great everywhere else.

Congratulations on a great addition to the program.

Yes, the mods aren't working correctly right now (Cessna cold and dark and DR400) but they will be addressed shortly.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• My WMR controllers (Samsung) also have no haptic feedback but I don't think Microsoft has enabled haptic feedback yet for WMR.

If I click the middle of the LEFT touch pad for 1 second, I do get the pop-up controller menu and the view-change options work as shown in the pop-up menu.

I have a tough time grabbing the throttle in the Cessna 172.

FYI - I did have to "please first delete your 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 folder" to get the hands to show-up in the cockpit. That may have been unnecessary if I had checked the VR settings to ensure "Show Hands" was enabled :)

• Thanks for the update! This feature will probably bring many more users from the VR world to AeroFly.

I have one little issue to report: the toe brakes on my rudder pedals no longer work, as long as my Touch controllers are awake for the Rift. If you go to the controller setup screen it still shows them mapped and responding properly. It appears that as long as the touch controllers are awake and active, it steals the brake control for the analog stick instead of sharing it with whatever else you have mapped to brakes. Definitely a problem if you want to use VR hands + a hardware set of rudder pedals.

• Thanks for the update! This feature will probably bring many more users from the VR world to AeroFly.

I have one little issue to report: the toe brakes on my rudder pedals no longer work, as long as my Touch controllers are awake for the Rift. If you go to the controller setup screen it still shows them mapped and responding properly. It appears that as long as the touch controllers are awake and active, it steals the brake control for the analog stick instead of sharing it with whatever else you have mapped to brakes. Definitely a problem if you want to use VR hands + a hardware set of rudder pedals.

Thank you for pointing that out. That was something that was missed. We will look into this.

Regards,

Jeff

• Using my Oculus Rift and Touch controllers - oh wow what an experience. My heart raced as I took off in the 172 and wasn't ready for how reactive one can be with the yoke, haha. Now I know what instructors mean when they say "gentlly/slowly" in videos of pilot trainees taking off. It's a real experience. I shall keep refining my skills. The feedback on the controllers is really helpful, and the menus are implemented very well. Excellent work IPACS! :)

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• > Yes, the mods aren't working correctly right now (Cessna cold and dark and DR400) but they will be addressed shortly.

Jeff, I know the team is very busy, but is there any chance that we will see a cold and Dark mod for any of the other birds other than the Cessna, such as the Lear and/or the Q400?

• Hi guys,

I have some questions about making this move and going back to the previous version.

1. Will it simply revert some files back to where they were, or do a complete re-install of AFS2?

2. Will it mean I lose any addons in the process (ORBX and DLCs)?

3. If in the next few days you discover a fix to my issue (if others report it of course), how do I get back to the new version?

4. If I do use the older version, and further updates come out that have not fixed the issue for me, will the new updates from Steam overwrite the old version I am stable with?

5. When I get the new system, will I easily be able to opt out of the "beta" in order to install the most up-to-date version at that time?

- Kenneth

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (February 24, 2018 at 4:28 AM).

• 1) it will automatically revert files back and forth between versions. There is NO reason to re-install Aerofly

2) You will not lose anything between versions

3) Just opt out of the beta by right clicking Aerofly FS 2 in your Steam list

4) We will likely update both the public build and beta with anything that is above and beyond the problems that we created this beta for

5) Sure, same as #3

Regards,

Jeff

• 1) it will automatically revert files back and forth between versions. There is NO reason to re-install Aerofly

2) You will not lose anything between versions

3) Just opt out of the beta by right clicking Aerofly FS 2 in your Steam list

4) We will likely update both the public build and beta with anything that is above and beyond the problems that we created this beta for

5) Sure, same as #3

Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. And, although I don't say it enough, thank you for your dedication to customers. I appreciate this tonight.

I will give this a go, and will let you know how it turns out.

Regards

- Kenneth

UPDATE:- It worked. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (February 24, 2018 at 6:14 AM).

• Der absolute Hammer! :D Direkt ein ganz anderes Fluggefühl und sehr autentisch, wie ich meine. Ich kann nur nie die Flaps greifen, da hängt es dauernd. Egal, wie weit entfernt ich davon sitze ( Rift Touch-Controller ).

• I will have to try after deleting the "main" file, as for me the menu button on Vive did nothing. Nothing on controllers would centre view, but holding down on touch pad brought up control overlay or back in to menu.

Should there be vibration or haptic feedback or whatever? I'm sure I readi there should be, hope so as felt geat in XP but I wasn't getting any.

The vive controllers don't have a vibration motor as far as I know.