Aerofly FS 2 VR Hands Have Arrived!

• As I said before, I can't use a yoke as intended as the base unit is in the way, but there is a rather severe solution to this.

The Yoko Yoke can be supplied with different length of shaft, so long enough that you can reach a controller behind the yoke and operate things. Not cheap, but from reviews it's apparently a very nice bit of kit anyway.

• I have a dedicated flight seat that has limited adjustments just like a pilots seat in a Cessna or A320 or a Learjet so I can’t just move further back. I can’t even get close to the gear or flaps on the Lear45 or the switches and heading select knob on the Cessna due to the yoke interference.

I think I need to turn my monitor 180 degrees and borrow a dining table chair and fly VR from the middle of the room with zero interference. I wonder if I could rig up a double-sided monitor? Hmmm.

Regards,

Ray

• Haptic feedback on Vive is great now, thanks for that :)

One little nice addition if ever possible, would be a haptic response when you grab something. When I grab the throttle in the 172, I don't know if I actually have hold of it without looking at it and give it a slide. Same with anything really.

• Is there any plans to make this work with LeapMotion? For me, this is a non starter. I don't want to fly with a fake controller yoke, and I don't want to have to fumble to grab a controller so that I can make the dash buttons work. LeapMotion is a great tech, it can locate each finger, and know what you are doing. Much easier to let go of the yoke, and grab for a virtual knob or lever. If it is stuck to using controllers, it is not something I would ever use unfortunately.

• My dash interface preferences to compliment standard yoke/joystick controllers are:

1) VR haptic gloves (not available yet)

2) Gaze-based instrument highlight + HOTAS buttons to change instruments (available)

3) LeapMotion / non-haptic reach (available)

4) Mouse (works in FS2 today)

5) VR hands (works in FS2 today)

My guess is that VR haptic gloves are a year away so unless LeapMotion is an easy thing to implement, it's probably not worth the investment.

• No Aerofly for me! After a winter storm, a lot of my state has no electricity, and no heat! So i'm hotel hopping, if you can find one with power.

Plus an estimated 15 inches on the way today!

Sooo..... I post on my tablet and dream of home :P

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• No Aerofly for me! After a winter storm, a lot of my state has no electricity, and no heat! So i'm hotel hopping, if you can find one with power.

Plus an estimated 15 inches on the way today!

Sooo..... I post on my tablet and dream of home :P

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I got my power back 48 hours ago, and like you I am forecast to get 15"+ of snow today, so I suspect the power is going to go down again.

Good luck, and may the power return to you quickly (may the force be with you?}.

• Hi,

This is my first post here, just wanted to say the VR hands update is excellent. Really immersive experience!

However I do want to report an issue with the sub-menu not working and I wanted to check if it's just me? I'm using an Oculus rift with touch controllers (full retail bundle). The instructions state that you need to press the menu button, however for me it seems to be I need to hold down the left trigger button. When the sub-menu does appear the toggle hud function works, but the other options (e.g. moving the joystick left or right to change view) do not work. Does anyone else with Oculus see the same issue?

Other other request, as noted by others, would be great to get a small physical feedback when you grab a control, e.g. throttle, yoke, mixture, flaps. etc as confirmation you've grabbed it!

Thanks again for the fantastic update, I've flown over 100 hrs in a full size Cessna and the VR simulator version is really impressive.

Neil.

• Hi guys,

Well, I am very excited to get the VR working in this sim.

However, when I enter the Extra 300, it is doing 360's on me on the ground and I cannot seem

to stop it.

Any ideas?

• Are all planes doing this, or just the extra?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5