Geoconvert question joining Switzerland DLC with ORBX LOWI

• Hi gents,

I would like to try to join ORBX Lowi with Switzerland DLC, by geoconverting Google earth images, in sufficient quality, so that we can fly without this blurry zone (low quality images) for example between Samedan and Innsbruck. Does any of you already have done that, and if yes, what ios your recommendations about level (LOD) ?

If I'm rather OK with cultivation procedure, I must admit that I'm an absolute beginner with Geoconvert tools :)

Thanks in advance for your help !

• Hi,

i work at completed Germany tiles...

this goes toward "Bodensee" and a little bit in "Alp Regions".

I had Lowi, and i look what says the boundaries to Lowi.

Give me time for make the tiles ....i make it for my own, for only flight VFR Level 9. And for Airport Grounds Level 13.

Regards

uli

Edited 2 times, last by uli057 (February 24, 2018 at 7:59 PM).

• My goal is to soar from Interlaken to LOWI with detailed scenery.

I am working on a strip between the CH DLC and ORBX LOWI and then south to Trento.

I am converting imagery snapped to level 9 tile coordinates and fset resolution 0.

There is very little imagery in the area where -1 yields much improvement other than a few places on the valley floor.

In any case my anemic broadband internet connection would melt down at -1.

A level 9 tile at fset 0 takes about 6 hours to download overnight (where at least the bandwidth is not counted against my monthly data cap.)

I convert levels 9-14 for all tiles. Level 0 imagery gives some amazing texture to some of the high rock slopes.

I am cultivating trees on .1X.1 degree tiles using scenProc autodetect tool (thanks Arno) with the histogram filter.

The autodetect gives a much more natural tree distribution on the mountain slopes than the OSM classifications.

In some places the fields on the valley floor are the same color as the trees and needs fine tuning of the histogram.

The small tile size lets me cultivate a mosaic along the valleys of interest without having to process large inaccessible high altitude areas.

I have not used autogen for any buildings. I find the imagery alone gives a more natural roof texture. The slightly oblique satellite POV gives a vague 3d impression.

If I am low enough tell that the villages are flat I am more interested in finding a landing field than sightseeing.

To manage the process I am using Google Earth and a KML file to mark tile boundaries and status.

cheers

Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• Hi,

i work at completed Germany tiles...

this goes toward "Bodensee" and a little bit in "Alp Regions".

I had Lowi, and i look what says the boundaries to Lowi.

That would be more than welcome. Unfortunately, I am afraid you can't redistribute it, can you?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hi Lenidcamper and Michael.

Lenidcamper....

Please see the atached picture for what i generated.

You see the Level 9 tiles, and you see the Level 11 Tiles for Austria.

Level 11 Tiles for austria is why the LOWI Scenery is made on Ground with Level 11.

When you make your own scenery ...it is okay,

Or, you orientate at my Bounderies for the rest from your own Scenery for Italian and so on.

Make only for Airports and points of interssting the Level 13 Tiles....not completed for all.

For fly over Ground at Flylevel 5000Feet it is enough with Level 9-10.

maybe we can use in future together the Scenery... then fits everything. At the moment we may put nothing online....

Ch Pay Scenery is at Level 13 compiled.

Lowi Pay Scenery is compiled at Level 11.

Michael...what you mean with "I am afraid you can't redistribute it, can you?"

when i ready with Germany i bring this as free at Server for all....

Regards ULI

Edited 2 times, last by uli057 (February 24, 2018 at 7:58 PM).

• Tip for Lenid...

when you use a Picture with Alpha Channel you must set in Geoconverter the point "create Mask", in FSET no create mask!

The Alphachannel is then in a new generated Picture as xxx.tif no compressing when you save.

When you dont use Mask you see at Aeroflight no Groundpicture with his Alphachannel....

For Level 9 at Aeroflight you set the Resolution at FSET to 4.

In geoconvert set the Level 9 and 10 for this Resolution.

For Level 13 in Aeroflight you set the Resolution at FSET to 0.

In Geoconvert set the Level to 12 or 13 for this Resolution.

And ...important at geoconvert...with Alpha Pictures ...."create Mask".... without Aplha Chanel no create mask.

Regards

Edited once, last by uli057 (February 24, 2018 at 6:45 PM).

• Michael...what you mean with "I am afraid you can't redistribute it, can you?"

when i ready with Germany i bring this as free at Server for all....

If you take the orthoimages from Virtual Earth via FSET, Virtual Earth does not allow redistribution of the images or derived work. That's at least what I understand. I will gladly be proven wrong.

There may be lower-resolution sources (satellite images) available allowing free usage, but I don't know if Geoconvert can handle them, and if so, how to do it. If someone can do it, it would be great to have higher resolution base scenery available for Germany than what we have by default.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Mhhh...

I understand, the old problem of the releases...

Maybe there is somebody who knows in addition something juridical?

If one cannot deliver it as a Freeware, I get no money for it... then I cannot make available it to all, of course.

Why must this be always thus complicated?:(

Why we must always make everything twice... everybody has for itself always anew, although it somebody quite ready there lie.:(

Let us hope that i can my work for all ....as Freeware downloadable in future ?!?!? i dont no !

Regards

ULI

Edited 2 times, last by uli057 (February 24, 2018 at 7:54 PM).

• thats right what Michael write.

Sorry...i cant my work downloadable for all.:(

All user must make his own Scenery with her own work....

i am disappointed.....

Indeed, in my mind this is a dead end having dozens of users doing the same number-crunching over and over only for themselves. Instead, I would suggest turning to Open Data resources where the results can be redistributed. A possible start might be Openstreetmap again

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Esri

This is clearly lower resolution than Virtual Earth & Co. but still much better than the default "scenery" of Germany. Combined with Cultivation results might be not too bad.

Unfortunably, I am not in a position to judge if and how these data can be used or converted for usage with Geoconvert.

Kind regards, Michael

• Hi Michael,

Openstreetmap is the next there i look... and at Marine Navigation we go with Openstreetmap and Esri.

i Have a boat and there we look at our Maps in the Screen with that.

Or we pay for Navionics, there are a lot of Deep Source at Sea, and more detail.

But for VFR Flight we dont need big details on ground...thats only for a little orientation at 5000 Feet.

I Take a look there....

Hope i can find a solution for us.

Regards

• mhhh...

what happens... if I as a basis Openstreetmap takes, and I provide the Groundtexture after presentation myself?

This goes for an airfield highly dissolving rather fast...

Nevertheless, with this "drawing" I can make what I wants... I have made self this, nevertheless, or?!:/

regards;)