• first time trying to use VR hands, no hands show up in the default 747 cockpit ?

hand is showing on the start up screen but nothing in the cockpit.

Make sure that you have 'show Hands' turned on in the 'virtual reality' settings

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes, you found it.

I'm going to add about the 'show hands' mention to it as well. It appears many users are not aware of this setting.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff will there ever be a choice of skins? I'd prefer more real looking or gloved hands than glowing blue which is quite bright in night flights!

Also any possibility in future to be able to grip yoke in both hands? It would be great if it work in the same way as many of the VR FPS games where you hold a rifle two handed.

Oh and this update is awesome though!!!

• Jeff will there ever be a choice of skins? I'd prefer more real looking or gloved hands than glowing blue which is quite bright in night flights!

Also any possibility in future to be able to grip yoke in both hands? It would be great if it work in the same way as many of the VR FPS games where you hold a rifle two handed.

You can grip the yoke with both hands now. But since your other hand doesn't know where the yoke is moving then it's difficult to do.

The virtual hands that you see were hand made and coded with the motion that you see. It's very unlikely that we will rebuild the entire model just to change the color.

Regards,

Jeff

• First, I have to say how impressed I am with your continued commitment to release cool new features. I've had a chance to play with it a bit, but I thought I would let you know one issue lost in the upgrade: although I have my rudder pedal brakes assigned and they work in the settings menu, I'm missing the toe brakes once I'm in the simulation.

I'm looking forward to using this upgrade - although I will likely be the guy who uses my controls to fly, and the controllers for handling the radios in more complex cockpits.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Ray

• You can grip the yoke with both hands now. But since your other hand doesn't know where the yoke is moving then it's difficult to do.

The virtual hands that you see were hand made and coded with the motion that you see. It's very unlikely that we will rebuild the entire model just to change the color.

Ah ok it seemd to just swap hands when I tried. I thought maybe hands could be reskinned no worries it's awesome anyway!!!

... just need that Vive haptic feedback now

• ...I would let you know one issue lost in the upgrade: although I have my rudder pedal brakes assigned and they work in the settings menu, I'm missing the toe brakes once I'm in the simulation....

Hi Ray, we will look into it, thank you for reporting this. Can you please specify what kind of hardware you are using for rudder pedals and which VR system you are using (oculus or vive...), so that we can try to replicate the problem?

• I have the Oculus Rift w/hand controllers and a 360 X-box controller. The PC is an Alienware i7 8700K with a nvidia 1080 Ti. I also have a VolAir flight sim cockpit fully equipped with Saitek/Cessna hardware. Cessna yoke, pedals and large trim.

Questions:

Are the assigned functions changeable from Left to Right? I can only control the yoke from the right hand controller but the trim is off so much that if I let go to move the trim I am in a spiral in seconds.

I haven't figured out how to use the trim tab in flight. It tends to go full up against the stops and if I highlight it with the mouse the left button is red but does nothing, nor does the scroll wheel.

Is there a "bug set" for the Heading Select in the C172. What does the PUSH knob do in the sim?

I am still looking for the throttle on the hand controllers.

Can the trim up/down be added to the hand controllers. I use trim all the time but can barely fly without it as is the case now.

Regards,

Ray

• Is there a "bug set" for the Heading Select in the C172. What does the PUSH knob do in the sim?

On the gyro compass underneath the attitude indicator, lower right corner, there is an orange knob to set the heading.

The lower left "push" in real life is pushed and then rotated to adjust the gyro compass orientation. It maintains its attitude in space but the earth rotates, plus there is friction in the devices so the compass drifts of from magnetic north.

• Nothing is assignable yet (but we may consider that in the future).

Yes, there is a heading bug in the Cessna and it does turn with your hands.

For now (we might pull this) the throttle can be controlled by the left analog stick up/down (down is also the brake) . I didn't add that to the wiki because we might end up removing the throttle function from the stick to avoid contaminating the rudder/brake controls.

And no, there is really no way to add trim to the hand controllers. But, you can easily use your hands to trim in all aircraft.

Regards,

Jeff

• Nothing is assignable yet (but we may consider that in the future).

Yes, there is a heading bug in the Cessna and it does turn with your hands.

For now (we might pull this) the throttle can be controlled by the left analog stick up/down (down is also the brake) . I didn't add that to the wiki because we might end up removing the throttle function from the stick to avoid contaminating the rudder/brake controls.

And no, there is really no way to add trim to the hand controllers. But, you can easily use your hands to trim in all aircraft.

Thanks for the quick reply. I really do like flying in VR but it is frustrating because the throttle is not present on my controller. This may be caused because my TPM panel throttle is working but I can't use it as long as I have my hand on the yoke using my right hand.

I know you can turn the Heading selector but I can't use the VR hand because I have a hardware yoke that interferes with grabbing the knob. I can adjust it with the mouse. It would be nice to press the button to set it to the nose heading like most real world planes.

I still am not able to move the trim tab either with hand or mouse. May be the hardware Cessna Trim overriding it.

and finally, I do not have a throttle on the left controller. I do have the down for brakes and L/R for rudder but no UP for throttle. Maybe I can check the controller setup and remove the TPM which I really do not wish to do.

Regards,

Ray

• We are aware of some conflicts with other hardware with the motion controllers . We will get that resolved in a little bit of time so please be patient.

Yes, there is really no solutions to physical objects getting in the way of the flightdeck controls unfortunately. We are sure that this feature wont be for everyone and that's fine. It's meant to operate very well for users that only want to use their hands to fly like real-life.

In the Cessna to move the trim you simply just use your finger to swipe up/down. I know that it works well.

Regards,

Jeff

• Good news. I disabled the TPM panel and also the Cessna Trim panel and now I do indeed have the throttle on the left Up controller knob. I will keep trying to adjust the trim tab with the VR hands. Having the Cessna Trim Panel disabled makes a big difference but I am basically a one hand on the trim wheel, or thumb on the electric trim button on the Lear or Citation Yoke.

The realism of flying the Cessna in VR is without comparison though. I love to be able to lean forward and check for traffic when making turns.

I haven't figured out how to let go of the yoke to add flaps though. Maybe if it was properly trimmed I would have time to drop the controller and pick up the mouse to add flaps, then grab the controller to continue controlling the yoke.

Using my cockpit I can probably map some switches that are out of the hardware interference area and flip them blindfolded when needed. No, that won't work, the TPM is disabled and kills all those switches. hmm. I will have to think about this.

Meanwhile, we are making progress, Think about adding TRIM to a control someplace handy. :)

Regards,

Ray