VR Hands Update Bugs- POST HERE

• I'm using most recent nvidia drivers and with no Dash and classic oculus with no problems.

1: My first problem was I checked out the VR hands with the C172 first from a parked area. As usual the plane starts moving forward very slightly. I'd like to break or mainly 'Add wheel breaks'! How? I wanted to add these to oculus touch (maybe A or B buttons) but that can't be done yet. So how do I do this. I can't see any brakes/wheel brakes in the plane.

2: Also when we hold down the menu button on the left touch controller to get to the view/ button info area it shows a diagram of the controllers etc, could we have this disappear after a short while. So we can click quickly between the views and enjoy them without the diagram over the top before choosing one.

3: Could you add to the opening Menu, Haptic feedback and buttons lighting, as at the moment I just poke my finger through the screen and the only way I know I've done it right is it just changes to the selected page ( after a slight unfortunate delay).

Other than that so far great and all working, though I struggle still with my arm aching and wobbling in the air.

• I use the Oculus. I will try again in a few days How do I change views (not in school) and can I change views in the air?

Please read the instructions on how to use your virtual hands.

Short press of the menu button brings up the camera sub menu. It's explained in detail in the wiki.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I'm using most recent nvidia drivers and with no Dash and classic oculus with no problems.

1: My first problem was I checked out the VR hands with the C172 first from a parked area. As usual the plane starts moving forward very slightly. I'd like to break or mainly 'Add wheel breaks'! How? I wanted to add these to oculus touch (maybe A or B buttons) but that can't be done yet. So how do I do this. I can't see any brakes/wheel brakes in the plane.

2: Also when we hold down the menu button on the left touch controller to get to the view/ button info area it shows a diagram of the controllers etc, could we have this disappear after a short while. So we can click quickly between the views and enjoy them without the diagram over the top before choosing one.

3: Could you add to the opening Menu, Haptic feedback and buttons lighting, as at the moment I just poke my finger through the screen and the only way I know I've done it right is it just changes to the selected page ( after a slight unfortunate delay).

Other than that so far great and all working, though I struggle still with my arm aching and wobbling in the air.

Detailed instructions are in the wiki. A link is also posted in the announcement.

1) the buttons on the Touch aren't assignable. The brake is DOWN on the left analog stick/pad

2)another short press removed the sub-menu

3) If you have the Touch controllers haptic feedback is already there. We may increase this a bit though. Vive users don't have this available at this point in time but we will see if it can be done.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I've noticed something that I do not believe is VR Hands related but only appeared after the latest update.

Coming in for a landing with either glider when you get within a meter of the ground the plane just drops the last meter while the pilot camera position does not.

You end up looking out over the canopy during the run out. Does not happen with the powered aircraft.

Very weird. Can anyone else reproduce?

Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• I've noticed something that I do not believe is VR Hands related but only appeared after the latest update.

Coming in for a landing with either glider when you get within a meter of the ground the plane just drops the last meter while the pilot camera position does not.

You end up looking out over the canopy during the run out. Does not happen with the powered aircraft.

Stu

I have the same issue in Steam, thank you for that report!

Stu

I've seen the same thing with this one.

• Not sure if this is a bug per se, but I don't think it was happening before the most recent update. It's not a big issue either, just wanted to get it on the list.

I have throttle, mixture, and prop speed mapped to analog controls (sliders and knobs) on my HOTAS. If I have these set at a certain position in flight, then back out to the main menu, go to the location map, pick a new location, and then re-enter the sim, the position of the throttle, mixture, and prop speed no longer match up with where they're set on my HOTAS. They also don't re-sync to the correct positions until I move each of these control axes fully in each direction, almost like it's recalibrating their full motion.

For example, I'm flying and have my throttle at max, mixture at medium-rich, and prop speed at minimum. I back out to the menu screen, go to "Location", move to a new spot on the map, select it, then back out to the main menu again, and then go to "Start." When I re-enter the plane, the throttle in the plane will be at minimum, and prop speed and mixture will be at max & max rich, even though on my HOTAS they should be set at max throttle/min prop speed/medium mixture. These controls do not start responding correctly until I cycle each of these axes to their limits.

• Detailed instructions are in the wiki. A link is also posted in the announcement.

1) the buttons on the Touch aren't assignable. The brake is DOWN on the left analog stick/pad

2)another short press removed the sub-menu

3) If you have the Touch controllers haptic feedback is already there. We may increase this a bit though. Vive users don't have this available at this point in time but we will see if it can be done.

OK, thank you. Though I'm not sure you're understanding what I'm suggesting.

1: Thank you. Now I've got used to it and found the hidden wheel brake in the C172 I love the VR hands.

2: 'Another short press' actually resets your view. A longer 2 seconded press brings you back out of the view selection area. ( I know this) I just find that while in 'view selection' area we don't need the information on changing the view there all the time. I'd like to scroll through the views without that. Maybe have it fade away to only show a small bit of text saying 'View selection' in a corner, so we don't just stay in that but can see the views better.

3: Yes you're right, haptic feedback is there. It does need increasing a bit. Though I'd like a click sound and the button area to light up maybe ( as it does with a mouse). It just feels unfinished. Mainly a sound would help a lot. Thanks.

• I've a weird one. I haven't used Aerofly 2 since before this update came out. It worked brilliantly. I have the Swiss, Innsbruck & North Eastern USA addons. I fired it up today & all seems OK(ish) BUT whenever I select location, I get a message saying that the Program has stopped working! Also Frame rate seems worse in VR with Rift? Any suggestions??(

Edited once, last by mattius (February 27, 2018 at 12:12 AM).

• I am definitely not getting any tactile feedback on my Oculus. I have tried to feel it and there is nothing.

Everything else seems to be working great for me.

Tactile feedback on the Oculus Touch controllers do indeed work. The feedback isn't set too high but in the upcoming patch it will be adjusted. Vive users will also feel feedback with this update as well.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff, will the feedback be adjustable like with other force-feedback controllers in other sims?

If you're tight on MENU settings space, you could convert the current VR Hands setting from OFF-ON to a slider like the WIND adjustment where full-left is OFF and adjustments to the right increase the vibration level of the VR controllers.

• Tactile feedback on the Oculus Touch controllers do indeed work. The feedback isn't set too high but in the upcoming patch it will be adjusted. Vive users will also feel feedback with this update as well.

Is there a box that needs to be checked, because I assure you they do not work for me. I have made a great effort to feel them. Perhaps when the bump becomes more robust there will be a breakthrough on mine.

• Jeff, will the feedback be adjustable like with other force-feedback controllers in other sims?

If you're tight on MENU settings space, you could convert the current VR Hands setting from OFF-ON to a slider like the WIND adjustment where full-left is OFF and adjustments to the right increase the vibration level of the VR controllers.

There will not be user adjusted settings for vibration, there will be a setting for hands transparency though.

Regards,

Jeff

• Is there a box that needs to be checked, because I assure you they do not work for me. I have made a great effort to feel them. Perhaps when the bump becomes more robust there will be a breakthrough on mine.

I'm not aware of any toggle in the Oculus software. Are you using OculusVR mode to run Aerofly or Steam VR. If you are using Steam VR, regardless of using Oculus or not, you won't have feedback until the patch is released (likely tomorrow)

Regards,

Jeff