VR hands questions

• Out of curiosity: what happens if for instance you hold the yoke and you need to set the radio? You need to keep your left hand on the yoke, right? And then you reach out with your right hand to the radio. But then you probably have to lean forward a little: won’t this have an influence on the left hand on the yoke? In other words, isn’t it very hard to do something else while holding the yoke? Specially because you are keeping your hands up in the air? I saw a video of Venema using the VR hands and when he tried to reach out for a knob he accidentally pulled the yoke up all the way.

In short: those who are using it, how easy is it? Or do you fly on AP all the time? I am asking this because I don’t have VR installed right now for various reasons but I am very interested in this.

• From a technical standpoint if you leave your left hand where it is (e.g. on your leg) but lean forward to grab something with your right hand the yoke won't be deflected. But if you lean forward and unintentionally move the position of the left hand controller this will directly affect the yoke.

And if you try to pull your body forward by pulling on the yoke this obviously also won't work and the yoke will be pulled.

I'd recommend trimming the aircraft when you are flying with the VR controllers, then you can simply let go of the controls and the elevator will stay put. If you engage the autopilot the ap will do the trimming for you. You can then disengage it again and continue flying even without grabbing the controls.

Regards,

Jan

• I found it a little challenging on my first flight. But on my second flight I started to gain a better sense of where my hands were. keep in mind I have never flown a plane in real life before. The trick is to not move around too much. If you're flying with the yoke, you should be able to reach comms with your right hand from your seating position. If you move your body over too much to get closer to the comms then your left hand is likely to cause problems with the yoke.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Okay... sounds cool but also a bit hard. ;) Seems to me flying with the AP as much as possible is the way to go, also to prevent your arms from getting tired. But well, as I said, I don’t even have VR installed right now because various reasons, some of which have to do with physical problems and I am a bit afraid these VR hands will add even more physical problems. Maybe I will give it a try in the future.

• is it a way to "stick" the controller on a hardware yoke (eg like this )

I am also have to test here the new update ( no time in moment )

but this idea could be a new horizont ?

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange