My impression of the VR hands thing.

• Thanks Jeff, appreciated.

I just bought the DVD version of FS2, but haven't opened the box yet. I've been using the Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant for years. Am I to understand that they won't work properly in FS2?? I also have CH Rudder Pedals. Will they work?

Bruce

The Saitkek yoke and throttle quadrant work very well. I don't own the CH rudders, but I am pretty sure they do as well.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• they did :)

Every "normal" Joystick or thing that windows knows as a moving axle ... did also in Aerofly ...

I try a special one these days :) FF Yoke ... fingers cross :)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• At the risk of getting yelled at, I have a question. Were the VR hands the principal project of the development team over the last several months, or was this a project for a smaller group?

I know that you believe that you provide us with an adequate road map, but I really don't remember this being mentioned until a few months ago, and never as a primary focus until recently. It is a grand achievement, but I am just wondering where some of the other things we need fit in.

• I remember very well IPACS mentioning support for Oculus Touch controllers throughout last year. It was one of the promising features which convinced me to get an Oculus bundle. They have stated the only reason it took longer was because they decided to add support for Vive controllers, which created a lot more work for them. I remember thinking we were going to have the Touch support by Christmas. Also, they are a team of 4-5 from memory, so keep that in mind.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• I like the hands, though I think they will need tweaks. And I think they are probably part of a larger VR strategy that may net lots of new users looking for something to do in simulation with those fancy touch controllers.

As usual in this market, we all have priorities, and there are things I wish for that are not there yet, and may not even be very high on the priority list...

Not everyone is going to have dedicated flightsim equipment (for instance) but almost everyone with a Vive or Rift is going to have touch controllers, so that's probably a logical thing to consider in the priority-chain, when Vr is emerging as a primary Aerofly selling point.

ATC is coming, and they've spent months on that, but heck, I'm more interested in water and clouds. (and non-fuzzy lights)

Oh, well, them's the breaks.

Nothing stopping me from getting more acquainted with my old sims while I wait, and fortunately I'm not a person that believes there can be only one sim in my life at a time.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I have all the current sims and I think I know their Pros and Cons. I would really like AeroflyFS to develop within the set. However, further development of AeroflyFS2 depends on resources, which depend on money, which depends on sales, which depend on features users want (an not developers want) and which depend on addons available, which depend (among others) on sales again etc.

Things are intertwined, but I think IPACS must be glad to hear what their users want. I have been simming long enough to see several simulators crashing, including some I shed tears over, as they were excellent.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I have all the current sims and I think I know their Pros and Cons. I would really like AeroflyFS to develop within the set. However, further development of AeroflyFS2 depends on resources, which depend on money, which depends on sales, which depend on features users want (an not developers want) and which depend on addons available, which depend (among others) on sales again etc.

Things are intertwined, but I think IPACS must be glad to hear what their users want. I have been simming long enough to see several simulators crashing, including some I shed tears over, as they were excellent.

Kind regards, Michael

This is EXACTLY my point. I love what they have done so much, that I would almost cry if they don't achieve their potential.

• I have also every Sim on market ( and last 20 years Sims ) and most hardware also and fly everthing also in real since 25 years (and some develop and build planes ).

I am also lucky when i can wish something ...BUT ...i am also thankful what Ipacs / aerofly / that Ipacs

make this Sim and works fast on it with really good quality and quantity.

So they can make it as they want, everyone had special wishes ( i want heli :) :) ), but except of this, i am lucky for traffic, and nice scenerys/airports ( in my real living aerea where i fly real also ) and also lucky about new planes, like microlight , autogyro, whatever and want gloves for oculus.

But i dont need 45 minutes startprocedures in 737 :) but i think also this want someone here ?! so what ...

But no matter if we can make wishes or polls, or whatever, AF2 is the best (VR) sim ever , and i dont wanna miss it.

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange