Has the sounds been updated? The Learjet 45 sounds different, better

• yeah, I tweeked that a bit. I found the original recordings of our engine sounds and matched the samples to precisely the N1 readings on the display. I also added a bit of wind sound and rumble for gear down or spoiler out. Reverser sounds also got quite a boost. Made some changes to the wheel sounds as well. I'm happy that you even noticed it and like that improvement :)

Technically I didn't make any new sounds, its just more accurate than before, closer to the real world and has additional effects using existing wind sound for example.

Edit: sounds like the wind sounds are not in yet. Hmmm, we need to fix that :)

• yeah, I tweeked that a bit. I found the original recordings of our engine sounds and matched the samples to precisely the N1 readings on the display. I also added a bit of wind sound and rumble for gear down or spoiler out. Reverser sounds also got quite a boost. Made some changes to the wheel sounds as well. I'm happy that you even noticed it and like that improvement :)

Technically I didn't make any new sounds, its just more accurate than before, closer to the real world and has additional effects using existing wind sound for example.

We notice things like that Jan. Thanks a million. I listened closer to see if I could hear any fuel flow but I guess that is still on the list. ha :)

Regards,

Ray

• If you have a sound recording of that I'll put it in :D

I don't but, I think I hear more turbine whine when taxiing. I actually hear a lot of more realistic sounds in the Lear now. Thanks again.

Regards,

Ray

• Is it easy to add some of these statics for example in existing Switzerland dlc airports ?

I think it is easy. I use google maps to zoom in on the ramp, pick a spot, right click, select "What's here"? click on the results at the bottom of the page and the lat lon pops up in in upper left in the form we need (just reversed in order) Add a section in your tsc for the airport, add the tmb file name, and copy the lat lon from Google Maps. Save the tsc.

Get a static airplane (tmb and maybe ttx and bmp supporting files) copy these into your places folder where the tsc file is stored. Restart AFS2, go to your airport and look down and see how close you are and the orientation of the plane. You have 1 in 360 chances of it pointing the way you like. I use a best guess and edit the last line (Orientation=???) in the section you are working with in the tsc file. Save file, Quit and restart AFS2 and keep doing that until you have it exactly where you want it.

Simple trial and error on the placement and orientation. Once you are kinda familiar with the lat lon you can guess which digits to increase or decrease. You can and mark the spot on the monitor or snap an image or take notes, or just remember and keep working it closer and closer to your chosen spot.

Once you have a plane or two added, you can swap others in and out by just changing the tmb file name provided you have copied the necessary files into that folder in places.

Our friend Dave W. uploaded a batch of static airplanes several months ago. Most are excellent. Some GA, some military.

Give it a try, if you get stuck open a conversation with me and I we can work it out. This is one of the things I can do. ha. :P

Fun stuff.

Regards,

Ray

• OK here's a tricky question...can you REMOVE a static aircraft that is included with an airport, if you want to open up more parking?

Usually not. It all depends on whether the airplane has its own tmb file or whether it is grouped with all the other 'objects' into one file. I think 99.44 % of the DLC airplanes are part of a single obj file so it is all or nothing.

You can always copy the airport to a new location and not enable the obj file and add your own. It is a lot of work, but you can add whatever planes you want.

Regards,

Ray