There's Steam, and there's DVD, so...

• New to FS2 as a DVD user. I know that Steam folks have access to most all the DLCs, and iPACs is working hard getting things out to DVD folks as they can. My question is what category does user developed DLCs fall into? For example, can a user developed airport be used by DVDers now, or do we have to wait for those too? Thanks for helping to clear some of the fog in my mind.

• You can download anything from the 'downloads' section of this forum and it will work the same in the DVD version as it does in the Steam version. Ultimately a folder is created in your documents folder called Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator, this folder is where you place all of the user created downloads per the given instructions of those downloads.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello!! to all, it is my first time in this chat, I am very happy with aerofly fs2, it is an incredible simulator, I would like the creators of scenary to put their eyes on the Caribbean, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Cuba, turks and caicos:);) God Bless you Guys.... I'm from Dominican Republic

Hi and welcome to our forums but please make this it's own thread as this thread is for something entirely different than what you are asking here.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff, thanks. Found the documents file. It is in my C: drive, while I'm using a separate drive for FS2. Do I have to load all scenery, aircraft, etc. in my C: drive from here on? I'd rather put the big files on my FS2 drive instead of filling up my C: drive.

• You can add a different scenery folder in a location that you choose by following this: User Defined Scenery Folder

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff, I asked this on the Aerosoft Forum but I'll ask again here:

Digging around my D:| drive I find that Steam has put stuff into

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\addons\scenery

My Steam-purchased ORBX sceneries reside here.

My question is:

If Aerosoft's installer for Helgoland allows, can I point the install here?

If I need to modify the main.mcf file to permit this, would future IPACS Steam updates overwrite the entry?

Would this affect future Steam scenery installations?

• Please do not place anything in the steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 folder as it's solely controlled through us and it could cause unstable problems with Aerofly.

Regards,

Jeff

• Clear enough... thank you for the quick reply.

Ray: OK so that confirms what was discussed on the Aerosoft Forum, now they need to update the installer to actual V1.01.

I must say I do regret having bought direct from a vendor and will patiently wait in future for the Steam release!