• Hi Rodeo :

On my AFS2 version or setup the current collection of XREF objects is showing: (1) 115 static aircraft models; (2) 321 CH-type buildings (I guess Switzerland?); (3) 193 USA-type buildings, and (4) 128 USA-type airport objects. I don't know exactly if those totals correspond to a recent update of the complete XREF library or not, so please confirm. Will we, at some point, have the corresponding JPG's for each of those objects in order to identify them in advance when modeling an airport?.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Ed

• Official Post

You directed this to Rodeo so I didn't respond at first.

The answer is yes we will be adding more XREF objects to the list as well as updating the image for each. We have posted this before that we are working on this so please be more patient while we complete it and upload the results.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I was thinking more whether they could be released as standard .obj files (or something similar) which would make using them easier than using placeholders where it's not as clear what they will look like (perhaps I've missed something about how to use them though!).

• Official Post

XREF objects serve as shared internal objects that are easily placed to reduce multiple instances of the same objects from being written into memory , that's the purpose of providing them. Otherwise they would be just basic models that are hand placed. We will likely not release these objects as models that can be physically placed and manipulated by the user.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• XREF objects serve as shared internal objects that are easily placed to reduce multiple instances of the same objects from being written into memory , that's the purpose of providing them. Otherwise they would be just basic models that are hand placed. We will likely not release these objects as models that can be physically placed and manipulated by the user.

I fully understand. But can I ask you, would it be possible to have access to the xref_ch objects ? It would be great, for example to enhance Switzerland DLC scenery: a lot of small Airports in the Swiss Alps are ex-military airports, with dozens of little green grass covered hangar, like IPACS have done. But i the reality, they are much more: for example 3 in Zweissimmen, 8 in Saanen... (and in these IPACS set NONE of these typical objects of alpine swiss airports. AS the model exists in xref_ch.tmb, because IPACS put some of these little grass hangars in Raron, Ulrichen or Alpnach, that would be great to easily enhance Munster, Ambri, Saanen, zweisimmen, St Stefan and so on....

I really hope that IPACS will provide individual access to the xref_ch objects.

Best Regards from Switzerland, Herve