3rd Party Aircraft.

• Are we likely to see this ever? I’d really like a fully functional aircraft similar to PMDG offerings. Is this ever likely to happen?

Afaik one developer, Lionheart Creations, gave it a try last year to convert an FSX plane to AFS2. He didn't succeed at that time and decided to put the project on hold. I don't know of any other developer working on planes for AFS2 so... don't hold your breath. However, IPACS (or at least Jet-Pack) does have great plans for the default planes and in the future I think the AFS2 default planes may become the best default planes in any sim but I don't think it will happen soon. And I doubt if they will ever be of PMDG quality. AFS2 is a project for the patient and not too demanding simmer. ;)

• I don't think all of our users would want the default planes to be as deeply simulated as PMDG aircraft or other study level aircraft out there, they'd be overwhelmed by the complexity and would never be able to start the aircraft. When I put the aircraft onto the runway it should always be fully functional, fueled up sufficiently and I don't want to repair the propeller first, change the oil because I haven't flown over a year or clean my wings before I can take off. These are nice features for add on aircraft but don't really belong in a default aircraft. And its true, I do have great plans for our aircraft for the future but we also will make sure it is not such a steep learning curve by providing assistance and shortcuts for beginners so that everyone can have fun even with growing complexity. So we aim to have both, deep complex systems for the advanced users and simple to use assistance for beginners to manage these complex systems.

• I don't think all of our users would want the default planes to be as deeply simulated as PMDG aircraft or other study level aircraft out there, they'd be overwhelmed by the complexity and would never be able to start the aircraft. When I put the aircraft onto the runway it should always be fully functional, fueled up sufficiently and I don't want to repair the propeller first, change the oil because I haven't flown over a year or clean my wings before I can take off. These are nice features for add on aircraft but don't really belong in a default aircraft. And its true, I do have great plans for our aircraft for the future but we also will make sure it is not such a steep learning curve by providing assistance and shortcuts for beginners so that everyone can have fun even with growing complexity.

I'd agree with that. I have the Hawk in DCS (so I can fly like the Red Arrows :)), but I still haven't managed to start the engines yet! I also agree that for add-on aircraft I would like much more realistic modelling that does challenge me technically.

• I don't think all of our users would want the default planes to be as deeply simulated as PMDG aircraft or other study level aircraft out there, they'd be overwhelmed by the complexity and would never be able to start the aircraft. When I put the aircraft onto the runway it should always be fully functional, fueled up sufficiently and I don't want to repair the propeller first, change the oil because I haven't flown over a year or clean my wings before I can take off. These are nice features for add on aircraft but don't really belong in a default aircraft. And its true, I do have great plans for our aircraft for the future but we also will make sure it is not such a steep learning curve by providing assistance and shortcuts for beginners so that everyone can have fun even with growing complexity.

Fully agree here. I belong to those having maximum an hour in the evening for flying. If I need half an hour for getting the beast up and running and another half an hour for turning it down ... you guess ist.

This is for the default planes which I agree should be kept simple. Despite, it would be very welcome to have at least a few fully-developed 3rd party study-level aircraft available for those enjoying them, and besides, for showing what can be done in AeroflyFS2.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Excuse me, I'm mistyping my wish. I fully agree with you. I meant only the types of aircraft. I have in my FSX A2A and Milviz. And rarely do I use the system depth of the aircraft. For me, it was about more variety in the selection of aircraft. :):thumbup:

• Although once you have these complex aircraft set up for departure you can save the complete state, so you can jump in next time and not have to worry too much.

Though this doesn't work consistently with all addons. And sometimes you save the mixture off and then hop into an aircraft that doesn't have that lever and then the engines never start at all. Been there, done that, doesn't work well. We should do that better :)

• I would be happy with a Fuel system and a few more CAS readouts in the Learjet45 for now. Maybe a little more functionality for my Saitek panels but I'm pretty happy for now.

I am just waiting for that helicopter and ATC for now. Long term maybe we can add floats to the Carbon Cub. :P

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

I actually already worked on the Learjet fuel system. Not final yet, I need to find videos or information weather the fuselage fuel tank always runs empty first or not. It gravity feeds into the other tanks, so I would assume it just runs dry quickly. I have that implemented right now, if that is not the case I have to somehow make sure the pressure in the wing tanks is high enough, so that the fuel from the center doesn't flow anymore. But yeah that's the sort of stuff thats coming in the future...

• Official Post

How about the Robin we've already got working with VR hands. I know it's in the works, I just wondered if there's a finish in sight. Thanks

When it's finished, it's finished.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I don't think all of our users would want the default planes to be as deeply simulated as PMDG aircraft or other study level aircraft out there, they'd be overwhelmed by the complexity and would never be able to start the aircraft. When I put the aircraft onto the runway it should always be fully functional, fueled up sufficiently and I don't want to repair the propeller first, change the oil because I haven't flown over a year or clean my wings before I can take off. These are nice features for add on aircraft but don't really belong in a default aircraft. And its true, I do have great plans for our aircraft for the future but we also will make sure it is not such a steep learning curve by providing assistance and shortcuts for beginners so that everyone can have fun even with growing complexity. So we aim to have both, deep complex systems for the advanced users and simple to use assistance for beginners to manage these complex systems

I agree with the Jet-Pack, and also understand those that love the study level sim. This sim is miraculous as it is. I continue to be mesmerized by the beauty of the scenery, aircraft, and performance. I can't think of enough superlatives to describe AFS2. For me it is a dream come true, which I never thought I'd live to see.

Thank you so much IPACS! I will be patient and look forward to more good things.

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

• I think the point of this thread was to ask about ANY third party addon aircraft for AFS2. I do not think it is an unreasonable question for loyal customers to ask IPACS whether or not they are in the process of developing relationships with ANY existing third party aircraft companies with a view to expanding the fleet. So IPACS, where are you at in this matter? Fair question I think. It would do wonders for AFS2 to have Carenado or Just Flight on board. BUT inroads and approaches have to be made to get the ball rolling. So, is it rolling? If so, how far along the process are we? And if not, why not?

- Kenneth

• I think the point of this thread was to ask about ANY third party addon aircraft for AFS2. I do not think it is an unreasonable question for loyal customers to ask IPACS whether or not they are in the process of developing relationships with ANY existing third party aircraft companies with a view to expanding the fleet. So IPACS, where are you at in this matter? Fair question I think. It would do wonders for AFS2 to have Carenado or Just Flight on board. BUT inroads and approaches have to be made to get the ball rolling. So, is it rolling? If so, how far along the process are we? And if not, why not?

- Kenneth

Can someone agree more than 100%?

- Kenneth

I too am very happy with AFS2 as a "recreational" flight simulator. IPACS has done a good job of making a sim "for the rest of us" (an Apple quote). With the addition of a Carbon Cub my needs will be met. Also, I am looking forward to "getting into gliders". I once flew in a DCS World quadron and while the planes are insanely detailed and aerodynamically and operationally accurate, I resigned from the squadron after a 3 month, several hours per week, learning curve had still not allowed me to start the A10 and arm the weapons. The currently in development SU-52 has a year of development in it, and has still not gone live. But DCS is out there if that's what you like (and are into combat). But I bring up DCS only as evidence of the consequences of extreme development. For recreational sim flyers AFS2 is a solid choice providing hours of entertainment, with good performance and low learning curve, with a nice variety of aircraft. :)

• I too am very happy with AFS2 as a "recreational" flight simulator. IPACS has done a good job of making a sim "for the rest of us" (an Apple quote). With the addition of a Carbon Cub my needs will be met. Also, I am looking forward to "getting into gliders". I once flew in a DCS World quadron and while the planes are insanely detailed and aerodynamically and operationally accurate, I resigned from the squadron after a 3 month, several hours per week, learning curve had still not allowed me to start the A10 and arm the weapons. The currently in development SU-52 has a year of development in it, and has still not gone live. But DCS is out there if that's what you like (and are into combat). But I bring up DCS only as evidence of the consequences of extreme development. For recreational sim flyers AFS2 is a solid choice providing hours of entertainment, with good performance and low learning curve, with a nice variety of aircraft. :)

Hi Roy,

Thank you for chipping in. I appreciate your feedback on my comment. I very carefully selected Carenado and JustFlight in my list because they create (mostly) aircraft that fall within the recreational (as opposed to study) side of the equation. (Also, IPACS did have Just Fight aircraft in AFS1). My hope is that IPACS will look at the current rationale of AFS2 (recreation sim, instead of fully fledged flight sim product), and then approach the companies creating aircraft that fit into that rationale, with a view to bringing those aircraft into the AFS2 world.

Would a fully-detailed PMDG airliner, or A2A study aircraft fit? Not at this time, AFS2 is not yet ready for such complexity. But, the earlier Carenado offerings, and the aircraft in the Aeroplane Heaven range (Just Flight), these do have systems simplicity that would require no (or little) learning curve, and could expand the fleet in our recreational sim if they can be ported over.

It will take discussions between development houses, and commitment to make it happen. But the results would surely be worth it. It would increase the prestige of AFS2 in the eyes of users of the other sims, and would increase sales of AFS2 because more outside companies would be promoting their offerings as being compatible. It would also give AFS2 users more selection, and that is an essential in the flight sim world. Often a person will enjoy a sim only for so long before they desire their own favorite aircraft within its skies. This is the next stage in "user psychology" that the developers must give very serious consideration to.

And in the meantime... Here's to that Carbon Cub Roy, it will bring a smile to many faces.

- Kenneth

• A Carbon Cub would be an excellent addition!

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64