Moving Addon Folder to D-Drive?

• Hi together,

is there a possibility to move the C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Aerofly FS 2 to D-Drive? I am short of diskspace on C-Drive and want to avoid storing large photo sceneries on c-Drive.

Thanks for advice

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Yes, this is what i searched for. Thanks!

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• In my opinion the good payware addons should have the option to do that upon checking your main.mcf file. I will refrain myself in the future to continue buying payware addons that would tend to fill up my OS drive without giving you an option to set a different path.

ORBX should consider this for its next Netherlands release which seems to be very big in size. I would suggest IPACS to discuss this issue with the dcenery developers.

Cheers, Ed

• ORBX should consider this for its next Netherlands release which seems to be very big in size. I would suggest IPACS to discuss this issue with the dcenery developers.

Cheers, Ed

ORBX did it in a more clever way. I installed all the ORBX addons automatically via their FTX Central 3. My AeroflyFS2 resides under

K:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

All ORBX addons are automatically installed under

K:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns\scenery

No cluttering of the C: drive. It obvisouly can be done - if one wants to do it.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Official Post

Please understand that even though we offered this way to change the location to place user created scenery, any changes made to the main.mcf file should be done carefully and with the understanding that whatever changes you make, including adding the drive location, can be undone if we release an update that requires for us to make changes to the main.mcf file. This could render all of your user created scenery inoperable until you manually change it back yourself.

We added this as a feature due to the many user complaints about placing large sized folders (of user created scenery) into your c:\ drive but at this point in time we are somewhat regretting that decision.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff