Demo VR to friends

• There was a time when I had my own built cockpit with FS2004 and a beamer for the outside view. When friends came by it was easy to show them a flight or let them fly themselves. This cokpit is history as is FS2004. After a longer pause from flight simming I am back and invested into a poweful PC, installed Aerofly FS2 and bought an Oculus Rift. The friends still come but has become more complicate to show them how it is flying over the Swiss Alps, especially to those who do not fly themselves (e.g. my wife, daughter). I would like so much to show them the beauty of a VR flight in Aerofly FS2. Of course they can mount the Oculus but I am not able to fly the bird, they sit in the seat in front of the yoke, where the sensor of the oculus points to. Now I had the idea to setup a flight plan, move the aircraft with the slider to the right altitude above the airport, set a reasonable speed and let it follow the flight plan. Like this the guest with the HMD can sit in the cockpit looking around and enjoying the flight. This is possible for aircrafts with an autopilot. But I would prefer faster military aircrafts for this, because of speed, power and the excellent view, especially the backseat of the Aermacchi MB-339. Unfortunately they do have an autopilot, in VR I must say. In 2D I can make them to follow a flight plan with the copilot option but not in VR. I studied the controls file of these aircrafts and there is a lot, partially uncommented so I guess it would be possible and the copilot function proves that.

Any ideas from jet-pack or fellow simmers?

Thanks,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Your best bet may be to act as their co-pilot where you use a standard joystick and mirror FS2 onto a standard monitor. The mirror will be the small stereo image but I think there's enough detail that you can keep the plane from crashing into things.