The newest issue of PC Pilot gives Aerofly FS 2 a Classic Award of 90 scores

• The magazine is very generous of praises for Aerofly FS 2, but they forget to mention one essential advantage: VR. In their excitement they also overlook its weakness. Any way, this is a good testimony to the recognition of Aerofly FS2 within the flight sim circle. Congratulations!

• 90...! Wow. Amazing. Congtrats to IPACS, of course, but it makes me wonder what they looked at to get to 90. Specially if they left out VR.

• Yeah be an interesting read, as much as I love it, I don't see how it can score so high without VR as a consideration. Not yet anyway until it has been fleshed out a bit more.

To me (and my slow CPU) it is the best VR flight sim. Without VR though my attention would probably be pulled elsewhere, for now.

• Can someone snap an image of the article for us to read.

Regards,

Ray

Got it.

That would be cool, yes. I'd love to read it and see why they give it a 90.

Without VR though my attention would probably be pulled elsewhere, for now.

Well, I don't use VR anymore and AFS2 is the only sim on my PC right now anyway. VR may be a big selling point (still) for AFS2 but it has a lot more advantages over other sims than just that! It all depends on what you need in a sim, of course.

• Thanks for the jpg, Ray. It's hard to read but from what I gather the 90 is mainly given for the great performance. And for the extra content the 'final' release offers, although of course most of that content was also available during early access already. I find it a bit odd that they give a sim a 90 mainly because it performs well. There is more to a sim than performance. They should at least have taken the lack of actual simming content into account. Makes you wonder what they would give P3D or XP then...? And comparing the new planes with payware addons is flattering for IPACS but a bit odd imho. But well, I do hope this review may attract some new users to AFS2.

• My take away from the review.

1. The PC setup was not capable of running VR, so maybe another review - specific to VR may be in our future.

2. Four areas were rated: 3d Models - Excellent, Graphics - Stunning, Documentation - Very Good, Performance - Outstanding.

So it must be the documentation that pulled the overall rating down to a Classic Award (90) - nope, not the case.

Evidently, the numerical rating is subjective, as are the categories that are rated. In the same issue the Sim-Wings's London Heathrow Professional for Prepar3D by Aerosoft also received a Classic Award (90) but the same four ratings were Excellent, Very Good, Good, and Quite Acceptable. Both reviews were by the same reviewer.

The same reviewer gave the Orbx Whangarei airport add on for FSX/P3D a 95 but still a "Classic Award". A different reviewer gave the Milviz FG-1D Corsair a Platinum Award with a 95.

Hmmm, maybe IPACS' will consider upgrading our Corsair to this one for it appears to be a stunning piece of work, or they say - a tour-de-force in design.

Regards,

Ray

• Overall, I think this is a good article to promote IPACS' AF2 and seems to be a very honest and straight forward assessment of what is included and the full list of what is yet to come, i.e.

but, the reviewer kinda goes off the deep end with his lack of modern geography. He tends to think California, Nevada and Arizona are on the East Coast of the U.S. and that Innsbruck is in Switzerland, but heck I confuse cities in Brazil and Argentina all the time. :rolleyes::S

I read the review rather quickly, then I went back to reread it when I caught the statement that he hopes to include a more in-dept look at the New York DLC in the next issue. Maybe this will be an ongoing review of Aerofly FS 2 each month with one or more DLCs or aircraft highlighted. Now that would make me want to reup my digital subscription. :)

• Now that would make me want to reup my digital subscription.

I never had a subscription but a review like this doesn't entice me to get one. It's more like a first glance than a thorough review. He skips a lot of things, doesn't know his facts, didn't give it all a try and still gives a 90. Amazing. Again, I like AFS2 but I don't get this review at all.

• I never had a subscription but a review like this doesn't entice me to get one. It's more like a first glance than a thorough review. He skips a lot of things, doesn't know his facts, didn't give it all a try and still gives a 90. Amazing. Again, I like AFS2 but I don't get this review at all.

I feel the same. The reviewer knows not much about Aerofly FS2. Many of us here could write a better review.

• I feel the same. The reviewer knows not much about Aerofly FS2. Many of us here could write a better review.

I never had a subscription but a review like this doesn't entice me to get one. It's more like a first glance than a thorough review. He skips a lot of things, doesn't know his facts, didn't give it all a try and still gives a 90. Amazing. Again, I like AFS2 but I don't get this review at all.

Who said a 4 page magazine spread with large pictures was a thorough review? ;):rolleyes::huh: How much can one say in a total of one full page of text? This is not a book or novel, it's a very brief overview of a flight sim. Most readers just look at the pictures and the highlighted text anyway. :S

Regards,

Ray

• This is PC pilot second look at afs2 a previous one over a year ago can't remember the issue number but that mainly focuses on the performance and excellent aircraft and scenery but also mentioned afs2 was still being developed, overall a good first impression that made me take a closer look at afs2 which I then purchased I expect as afs2 gets more features PC pilot will take another look at what's new.

Jim

• With a big advertising from Aerosoft in front of the article, more users will buy the DVD version... and discover that the latest VR-features are not available for them...

I hope that both Steam and box editions will converge to the same version number in a near future, with the same amount of updates and addons, like X-Plane 11.

Just my opinion. Or a lot of frustration in sight...

• With a big advertising from Aerosoft in front of the article, more users will buy the DVD version... and discover that the latest VR-features are not available for them...

I hope that both Steam and box editions will converge to the same version number in a near future, with the same amount of updates and addons, like X-Plane 11.

Just my opinion. Or a lot of frustration in sight...

I sort of can't understand why people are still buying DVD version. Most new PCs don't even have a DVDROM, while the old PCs are not much up to the task of flight sim.

• I sort of can't understand why people are still buying DVD version. Most new PCs don't even have a DVDROM, while the old PCs are not much up to the task of flight sim.

Some people might buy DVD'S because they have a terrible internet cconnection.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I prefer DVDs because I don´t want to download much of GBs. I like to have a box and I don´t want to be a customer of an internet platform!