More Airports (esp. in Europe) please!

• Hello,

I definitely like the simulator especially the fluid presentation. What strikes me more: There are definitely not enough airports available (esp. In Europe)! Please add more airport similar to other flight simulators. The previous number is much too low!

Deutsch:

Hallo,

ich mag den Simulator definitiv insbesondere die flüssige Darstellung. Was mir aber weiter auffällt: Es sind definitiv nicht genug Flughäfen (insbesonde in Europa) vorhanden! Bitte ergänzt ähnlich wie in anderen Flugsimulatoren mehr Flughafen. Die bisherige Anzahl ist viel viel zu gering!

------

Please remember:

My mother tongue is not english but i try my best.

Meines Mutters Zunge ist nicht englisch aber ich versuche das Beste. ;)

• Nun, hier verfolgt AF2 ein anderes Konzept. Es baut von vorne herein auf Fototexturen auf. Stell dir vor, wieviel Speicherbedarf es haben würde, wenn man sich nicht auf einzelne Gebiete konzentrieren würde. Es wird in Zukunft sicher mehr Gebiete und damit auch mehr Plätze geben, insbesondere, wo es inzwischen Addons von Thirdparties gibt. Die ganze Welt, so wie in anderen Sims, sehe ich hier nicht.

Zum Spaß habe ich mal über 20.000 Plätze aus einem anderen Sim nur vom Flugplatzlayout ohne Grafik portiert. Prinzipiell geht es, dauert beim Laden nur erheblich länger. Man kann dann von überall starten. Ob man dann gerne in einem unkenntlichen Pixelmatsch fliegen will, steht auf einem anderen Blatt.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Danke für die Rückmeldung.

Das Konzept des AFS 2 mit seinen fotorealen Gebieten und der einhergehenden Datengröße ist mir schon bekannt, nur finde ich es etwas beengt, in nur so wenigen Gebieten fliegen zu können.

Mir würde auch erst einmal reichen, die über 20.000 Plätze in AFS 2 zu haben und sukzessive mit eigenen erstellten GeoConvertTool-Szenerien aufzufüllen. Wie kann ich denn die Flugplätze von FSX / P3D / Xplane oder sonst einem anderen Flugsimulator in AFS 2 portieren?

English:

Thanks for the feedback.

The concept of the AFS 2 with its photoreal areas and the accompanying data size is already known to me, only I find it a bit cramped to be able to fly in so few areas.

I would also be enough to have more than 20,000 places in AFS 2 and gradually fill them with my own GeoConvertTool sceneries. How can I port airfields from FSX / P3D / Xplane or any other flight simulator in AFS 2?

------

Please remember:

• Rodeo hat doch grad ein Video gemacht, so kann jeder der möchte dem es nicht reicht

seinen Platz mit Umgebung selber bauen ...auf geht's buabm !

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Danke für die Antwort. Aber wo finde ich das besagte Video? Ferner wäre es schön, nicht jeden Flughafen einzeln nachbauen zu müssen, sondern erst einmal die > 20 k als Basis zu haben, um danach Einzelne zu verfeinern.

English:

Thanks for the answer. But where can I find the said video? Furthermore, it would be nice not to have to rebuild each airport individually, but once to have the > 20 k as a base, then to refine individual.

------

Please remember:

• You can find tutorials and anything that you need to know for scenery and airport creation on our official wiki HERE

Take a look under scenery development, there are sections in there for just about everything.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you. I will deal with it. The import of 20 k airports (with coordinates / frequencies) I would like to clarify.

Deutsch:

Danke. Ich werde mich damit auseinandersetzen. Die Importierung der 20 k Flughäfen (mit Koordinaten / Frequenzen) wüßte ich gerne noch geklärt.

------

Please remember:

• Many thanks for taking the time to post in both German and English. As an English only reader your extra effort is invaluable.

• what have I done: I decompile all the ap*.bgl files from P3D to Xml. There is a decompiler somewhere at fsdeveloper. Then I wrote a converter to build all the airport configuration files for af2. There is no converting of frequencies since I don't know how how, yet.

there are drawbacks: The placing is not really correct, because the source is not always good. But at least it looks nice in the airport selection menu.

I mean... it looks good...

But it looks better if you make your own scenery:

(Straubing, the temporary Tower was build from me somewhat over 10 years ago for FS9.)

Well, for the first shot to try what is possible, it is not bad, isn't it? ^^

Thanks for the tutorials and YouTubes! The more HowTos there are, the more content will pop up.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (March 4, 2018 at 10:13 AM).

• Well. you want to search for Bgl2Xml from scruffyduckscenery. This is to convert APX....bgl to xml Files. (Can be FS9, FSX or P3D.)

For the convert from xml to tsc I wrote my own program. Paths are hardcoded so I don't want to publish it yet. If you ask me kindly... ;)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• How to create tsc-airport definition files from FSX/P3D BGL Files.

(You need to have .NET Framework 4.6.2 installed.)

1. Use Bgl2Xml from scruffyduckscenery. Select in the GUI the ap...bgl files from the FSX/P3D installation folder.

2. Write the decompiled Xml File somewhere suitable, for example: D:\AeroflySDK\BGL2XML\XML. There should be files like APX00210.bgl.xml

3. start the program xml2Aerofly.exe.

4. Write the D:\AeroflySDK\BGL2XML\XML into the first box.

5. Create a destination folder somewhere suitable.

6. Write the path (for example: D:\AeroflySDK\BGL2XML\TSC\) into the second box.

7. Don't forget the final '\', the program will throw an error, if not.

8. Click on Start Convert and see the converted airports in the GUI.

9. look into the destination folder to find the tsc files. There will be sub folders with the country and inside a subfolder with the first two letter of the ICAO code of the airports. This will create the program.

10. Copy this files into your Aerofly FS2 Addon folder: C:\Users\(Your login name)\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\places
    Next time you start Aerofly FS2 you see the airports in the airport selection menu. Of cause, you will have no objects inside the sim, you cannot see any runway or buildings nor textures. This is only for a starting point create your own scenery.
    This Program ist provided without any warranties.

(c)2018 flightXtreme

xml2tsc.zip

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Stupid question: where do I find the proper BGL files in FSX, when I want to create one particular airport or runway, for example EDFE Egelsbach/Germany?