Is this really possible to obtain with Geoconverter ?

• As a newcomer in fs2 world, I spent of course much time to play with, but also viewing a lot of videos and tutorials, specially about Geoconverter SDK Tool.

One of these videos really amazed me : done in july 2017 with Aerofly fs 2 Geoconverter, the Jersey Island at... 25 cm per pixel !!!

If this video is not a fake, I consider this as the top of the art for landscape rendering (compared with what already exists in P3D or XP11) ! :thumbup:

See link : Very nice Jersey Island by Geoconverter

Could some Ipacs staff member confirm that such a work can (could ?) really be done with the Geoconverter SDK Tool as said by the author?

Subsidiary question ; where is it possible to find (buy) such a DR 400 aircraft (not only livery) ?

NB : of course, there are a lot of very beautiful vdeos (Switzerland, Colorado,...) but for me this one is just excellent.

Edited once, last by antier (March 4, 2018 at 3:40 AM).

• Official Post

I will wholeheartedly answer this question with a solid YES. The detail that you will get out of using our grovconvert tool is second to none. You can get 0.25m scenery running at Level 15 in our tool without any performance issues.

In VR this scenery really stands out.

Please feel free to search around our forum, especially a thread pinned to the top 'Aerofly FS 2 Screenshot Thread' You will see a lot of user created work ifrom our tools n there.

As for the DR400, you will find the free aircraft in our SDK for Aircraft Development. Currently due to our latest update we need to fix the current model but will have it completed very soon.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• And just to back Jeff up (not that it's needed!), I fly with 90 fps in VR with scenery converted at this level, with a 3GB GTX1060 and i5 CPU, all settings at ultra except shadows. AeroFly's performance vs. detail is unmatched by anything else out there.

• Thanks a lot for all these precisions... and convictions . :)

At the same time, I wonder why some apparently experienced users seem to have difficulty using Geoconverter in association with FSET coordinates (this is not at all a criticism since I myself have not used Geoconverter yet)...

By the way, is there a Ipacs team dedicated to the creation of sceneries such as those in excellent Switzerland, Colorado, ...? If not, is there / will there be a place in the forum or elsewhere where talented (or as talented as possible) creators can share their sceneries with fs2 fans and newcomers (Rodeo, qwerty42, Gooseno1, vogel69 and many others welcome ) ?

• Official Post

By the way, is there a Ipacs team dedicated to the creation of sceneries such as those in excellent Switzerland, Colorado, ...?

Yes, we have a dedicated team of scenery developers and modelers working solely on sceneries. Currently due to copyright issues and actual file size of hosting these sceneries we can't allow this at this time.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I made this Jersey scenery video in 4k running only on a gtx970.I dont have the scenery anymore because i was going to redo it but google does not work anymore in fset.Only virtual earth which is lower res for the channel Islands

Anyway, sincere and warmful congratulations for this remarkable scenery !

This is probably the upmost to make an excellent advertisement for future fs2 users, particularly for those coming from other flightsims.

It actually does still work, you just need to update the FSET .ini file because the numbers for their server change every so often.

"need to update the FSET .ini file"... That's mainly one of the the points not so easy to grasp : how to modifiy this .ini file and chiefly what is currently required to change in this file ? Once more, sorry for such newbie questions

Yes, we have a dedicated team of scenery developers and modelers working solely on sceneries. Currently due to copyright issues and actual file size of hosting these sceneries we can't allow this at this time.

Thanks for reply, drhotwing1 : will wait... and maybe make ;-o)))

• As others state, it can be done, and even by more or less "normal" people like me. The downside (besides Copyright) is time and storage restrictions. You can do a small area in this detail. However, I looked upon New Zealand North Island only, and even in 1m/px working time and storage are prohibitive (1.5 TB). You obviously need some planning ahead, which regions to do in lower resolutions and which in higher ones and how to fit them seamlessly (perhaps using the recent rastering tool), and that's where things start to become involved.

As a side note, NZ isn't really in need as Godzone is supposedly woking on a professional scenery. I just was interested if it would be possible as I'm a NZ nerd.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• As a side note, NZ isn't really in need as Godzone is supposedly woking on a professional scenery.

Yes, how about that one? Any news about this? Is he still working on it?

• Yes, how about that one? Any news about this? Is he still working on it?

Yes, he is definitely. Unfortunately things seem to go slowly.

Kind regards, mcihael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I changed the ini file number for google earth to 773 and it is working again.

Thanks a lot. Works.

Kind regards, Michael

• The 3rd one under Service2, just at the end.

Kind regards, Michael

• Hi Ken, it's your choice really. In some places the Virtual Earth photos look better, in other places Google's do. They also tend to have a bit different color rendering.

I'm not really sure if we're supposed to be giving this info out due to copyright reasons, so if a mod wants to edit this out feel free, but: there are two other google server numbers you can try that are currently active, 748 and 781. For the most part they're the same but 781 has newer imagery in some areas.