• Don't like the category? press shift+number key. (or assigned button to cycle through categories like circumflex ^ )

Don't like the view? press number key. (or assigned button to cycle through cameras)

That's an option but I posted a post just a second before you did and my solution is even more simple, I think. ;) Using Shift-# isn't always convenient and you'd still have to use the same numbers all the time which still may be cofusing to some. Assigning 1 and 2 to cycling and 3, 4, 5 up to 0 to categories will make it impossible to make mistakes anymore.

• I am sorry guys, but J van E and Jan’s simple suggestions may be the most complex, confusing, and utter rambling that I have ever read in this forum. KISS.

Regards,

Ray

Hahaha, well, my first post was confusing indeed but my last one is rather simple (1 and 2 for cycling views, 3 up to 0 for switching categories). Your option to assign F9 for VC and F12 for top down is way too limiting. That's only two views!

But anyway, hopefully IPACS/Jet-Pack will come up with a more logical and less confusing system. ;)

• Official Post

That's an option but I posted a post just a second before you did and my solution is even more simple, I think. ;) Using Shift-# isn't always convenient and you'd still have to use the same numbers all the time which still may be cofusing to some. Assigning 1 and 2 to cycling and 3, 4, 5 up to 0 to categories will make it impossible to make mistakes anymore.

Yes, I've seen that you posted almost at the same time. Personally I really hate cycling through views. It takes up too much time until I see what I like. If I am taking off and quickly want that seat 24F on the A320 then I don't have much time to press e.g. "3" and then "2" five times. I want two buttons max. And if the cameras within a category can be called directly we don't have to cycle through them, which would make this really easy.

Another way of doing this would be do combine keys to get to a certain view. E.g. press C+1 to get to cockpit, pilot, press e+(0-9) to get external, etc.

Maybe there are even better solutions, so keep your ideas coming.

For example: maybe we want the key "1" to always put you into the pilot seat?

• Hello, I wanted to start a similar forum entry already. Switching various buttons to reach the desired view confuses me too. What I also miss so far (or have not yet found) is a dedicated button / command for the view of the pilot free straight (without saving the last angle).

Deutsch:

Hallo, einen ähnlichen Foreneintrag wollte ich auch schon beginnen. Das Umschalten diverser Knöpfe bis zum Erreichen der gewünschten Sicht verwirrt mich auch. Was ich zudem bislang vermisse (oder noch nicht gefunden habe) ist ein dedizitierter Knopf / Befehl für die Sicht des Piloten frei gerade aus (ohne Speicherung des letzten Blickwinkels).

------

Please remember:

My mother tongue is not english but i try my best.

Meines Mutters Zunge ist nicht englisch aber ich versuche das Beste. ;)

• Official Post

Hello, I wanted to start a similar forum entry already. Switching various buttons to reach the desired view confuses me too. What I also miss so far (or have not yet found) is a dedicated button / command for the view of the pilot free straight (without saving the last angle).

Deutsch:

Hallo, einen ähnlichen Foreneintrag wollte ich auch schon beginnen. Das Umschalten diverser Knöpfe bis zum Erreichen der gewünschten Sicht verwirrt mich auch. Was ich zudem bislang vermisse (oder noch nicht gefunden habe) ist ein dedizitierter Knopf / Befehl für die Sicht des Piloten frei gerade aus (ohne Speicherung des letzten Blickwinkels).

When you are in the pilot seat just double click the screen.

Wenn du in der Pilotenkamera bist, einfach doppel klicken.

• For example: maybe we want the key "1" to always put you into the pilot seat?

Yes, I also think that this view, which probably is the most basic and most used view, deserves a key of its own! I think the pilot view, the basic follow view (preferably one in which you can change the camera!) and perhaps a top down view should all have a key of their own by default. Additionally, you should have a system to cycle views (might not be ideal but if there are a lot of views you have no other option) but all those views should also be assignable to keys, not by default (which would be impossible), but so that people can assign any view they want to any key they have available.

• Gang, I think we are closing is on a better solution. I vote that Jan give us something to test, I like dedicated keys that can be assigned to buttons and VoiceAttack. It just doesn’t get any simpler than that. I rather give my attention to flying than playing Sudoku with the view numbers.

Regards,

Ray

• Hello Jet-Pack, thank you for the quick reply!

The double-click corresponds to the reset of the view and works well (also in the external view). A clear dedicted button for the straight-ahead view of the pilot in the cockpit would be helpful in my opinion, because no matter what angle / perspective / which view is selected with a key assignment (on yoke / joystick / keyboard / ...), the free pilot view can be set.

Deutsch:

Hallo Jet-Pack, vielen Dank für die schnelle Beantwortung!

Das Doppelklicken entspricht ja dem Zurücksetzen der Sicht und funktioniert (auch in der Außensicht) gut. Ein eindeutiger dedizitierter Knopf für die Geradeaussicht des Piloten im Cockpit wäre meines Erachtens dennoch hilfreich, da egal welcher Blickwinkel / welche Perspektive / welche Sicht ausgewählt ist, mit einer Tastenzuweisung (am Yoke / Joystick / Keyboardt / ...) die freie Pilotensicht eingestellt werden kann.

------

Please remember:

My mother tongue is not english but i try my best.

Meines Mutters Zunge ist nicht englisch aber ich versuche das Beste. ;)

• Official Post

Keep in mind here that the camera cycle function needs to still stay due to it being bound to the motion control sub-menu system.

I do agree though that adding the ability to select specific cameras individually within the controller settings menu might satisfy some users.

Personally I feel the cycle system works very well and it's simple.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• What about this: let me define 5 views and cycle through them with on button. (regardles from which category they are)

I like this suggestion, but I think it would be better if it were. “ let me difine Up To 5 views and cycle through them with a Button or Key of my choice.

• Official Post

But what if the camera that you prefer doesn't exist in all aircraft? Some aircraft don't have an overhead panel or a copilot seat, etc.?

Should it cycle through the remaining cameras that are offered by the aircraft?

What would your favorite cameras be?

One is pilot camera, that is for sure, I read that you also like the external camera that you can pan around the aircraft. Maybe add a wing view to this? Idk, what would be your top 5 cameras say in the A320, B747, LJ45, Extra 330, F18,, C172, P38 and ASG29 for example? Would they all be the same or do you absolutely need different cameras per aircraft. And if you do, does each individual person need to define their own list or could we maybe agree on a list of these favorite cameras so that you don't have to define them?

• Well, ideally, I guess, you would have something like ChasePlane, so a system that enables you to easily create any view you want and assign any key to it you want. (And if you assign the same key to various views the key would become a toggle, just as in ChasePlane.) Then by default one view for every category would be enough. ;)

But okay, concerning preferred views for every plane:

- pilot

- co-pilot

- external view (which you can pan around in all directions)

- top down view (mainly to see where you are on an airport and where you need to go)

For bigger planes a view on the overhead would be nice.

I don't need (or use) more views. Also because I use TrackIR. I seldom leave the pilot seat during my flights.

• Official Post

I know you like to mention the other camera addons on the market but I don't think our average user would like to customize that much before being able to use it. It should work out of the box and cover the important features with minimal effort for the user. We can't expect every user to define his or her most important cameras first and we also don't want to limit the choices just to these favorites. The aim should always be to get the best solution with as few options as possible, then its easy and quick to use which is so nice about Aerofly.

• I know you like to mention the other camera addons on the market but I don't think our average user would like to customize that much before being able to use it. It should work out of the box and cover the important features with minimal effort for the user. We can't expect every user to define his or her most important cameras first and we also don't want to limit the choices just to these favorites. The aim should always be to get the best solution with as few options as possible, then its easy and quick to use which is so nice about Aerofly.

Good point. ;) I sometimes forget I've been simming for decades already and not every AFS2 user has done the same. ;) AFS2 should stay easy and quick indeed. (At least for those who need things easy and quick. ;) )

• Maybe I'm thinking old-school 2D monitors here, but as I've brought up before, how about the ability to spawn a sub-window where you can place other views? I used this feature a lot in FSX ( small window in the corner with follow view), but with VR not sure how practical it is. Maybe it could be to one side where you turn your head to view it. Just what IPACS needs, something else for their To-Do list! ;)

• Although this is not Aerofly FS 2, it has some very good explanations of the available views of that simulator that many AFS2 users are familiar with. New flight sim users probably do not have that information to fall back on. I have not read anyplace about the intent or use of the available views for an explanation of the on screen icons for the view, although most of them should be easy enough to guess.

The above chart is just 4 keys but the site has an excellent overview of all the views available.

Regards,

Ray

• Keep in mind here that the camera cycle function needs to still stay due to it being bound to the motion control sub-menu system.

I do agree though that adding the ability to select specific cameras individually within the controller settings menu might satisfy some users.

Personally I feel the cycle system works very well and it's simple.

Well, while I don't agree that the cycle system is simple, it has always been confusing to me with the views mixed up from all over, but, the idea to adding the ability to select specific views within the controller setting menu is a terrific idea. That might be a first step in our request to select certain views and assign them to buttons or keys.

Good suggestion, Jeff.

This way the existing cycle system can continue to be bound to the motion control sub-menu system (whatever that is) and we get to call up our favorite views by assigning them in the controller settings.

For those folks that are happy with the existing system, they will not be affected and will probably not even notice the added functionality for assigning individual choices of views.

Regards,

Ray

• What would your favorite cameras be?

One is pilot camera, that is for sure, I read that you also like the external camera that you can pan around the aircraft. Maybe add a wing view to this? Idk, what would be your top 5 cameras say in the A320, B747, LJ45, Extra 330, F18,, C172, P38 and ASG29 for example?

Here is what the standard view icons look like for your 8 aircraft. My 5 general choices are 1 - Pilots view 2- outside view following with hat movement 3 - top down view (TBA) 4 - underneath view looking forward 5 - looking out cabin window along right wing.

Regards,

Ray