AFS 2: Ultralight aircraft(s) in planning?

• Hello, in the FSX / P3D I like flying with the motorized ultralight aircraft "AirCreation Trike microlight" (see the picture), unfortunately, the AFS 2 so far offers nothing comparable. Especially scene areas like San Francisco, Grand Canyon or even New York are just made for quiet and slow discovery flights. Is such a or similar flying vehicle in the planning? Of course, the much desired helicopter is also on my wish list.

Deutsch:

Hallo, im FSX / P3D bin ich sehr gerne mit dem motorisierten Ultraleichtflugzeug "AirCreation Trike-Ultraleichtflugzeug" geflogen (siehe das Bild), leider bietet der AFS 2 bislang nichts Vergleichbares. Gerade Szeneriebereiche wie San Francisco, Grand Canyon oder aber auch New York sind doch gerade für ruhige und langsame Entdeckungsflüge gemacht. Ist ein solches oder ähnliches Fluggefährt in der Planung? Der vielgewünschte Helikopter steht natürlich auch auf meiner Wunschliste.

------

Please remember:

My mother tongue is not english but i try my best.

Meines Mutters Zunge ist nicht englisch aber ich versuche das Beste. ;)

• Hello edpatino, thanks for the answer. I will inform myself about the search function. Nevertheless, an additional subtle hint of a new customer certainly not hurt ;)

Deutsch:

Hallo edpatino, danke für die Antwort. Ich werde mich über die Suchfunktion mal informieren. Dennoch kann ein zusätzlicher dezenter Hinweis eines Neukunden sicherlich auch nicht schaden;)

------

Please remember:

My mother tongue is not english but i try my best.

Meines Mutters Zunge ist nicht englisch aber ich versuche das Beste. ;)

• Is such a or similar flying vehicle in the planning? Of course, the much desired helicopter is also on my wish list.

Ditto your request. However, one thing I've come to appreciate since switching over to AFS2, and feel worthy of keeping in mind, is that of flight dynamics in the models. Like you , I was used to a plethora of aircraft choices in FSX. But thinking back on it I now realize the extent to which most of the planes flew the same in terms of flight dynamics. When I was invited to become a squadron member in DCS World is when I started to really appreciate the effort that goes into emulating flight dynamics of a given aircraft. Being easily distracted by bright objects, I enjoyed flying in FSX the plane I solo'd in (Aeronca Champ), and other AC's that caught my eye (like antique (b4 1946) and classic (1946-1970) aircraft). DCS required a commitment way more than I have time for, so research for a "recreational" flight simulator led me to AFS2. The thing about AFS2 is that a lot of work has gone into creating accurate flight dynamics. For example, when I told IPACS that the Extra 330 wouldn't hold altitude in knife edge, they checked with an Extra 300 pilot who said that's the way it really is!

The two big parts of developing an FS model are the artwork/looks/scale/visual details, and the flight dynamics (aerodynamic accuracy). Most of the developers of FSX aircraft focused mainly on the first part, because who can actually fly the given plane and collect the data points, or get test flights from real pilots, needed for accurate flight dynamics. In FSX a Rogallo Wing Ultra LIght flew like an Aeronca Champ flew like a Beechcraft Bonanza, ad-nauseum. So we need to keep in mind the Pettit-Epiphany -- oh, it should fly like the real plane! When IPACS does come out with an Ultra-Light, it will not only look, but feel like an Ultra-Light, and will be worth waiting for. I'll get down off my soapbox now. :)

p.s. The issue of 3rd party model AC developers has been discussed here, and may offer hope for a larger "stable". Hopefully they will spend the time to give us good flight dynamics that make for realistic and educational flights.

Edited 2 times, last by RoyPettit (March 5, 2018 at 8:24 PM).