Departure VR - Cruise monitor -arrival VR

• Official Post

If you are referring to VR and 2D then that is not possible, however, you can simply take your headset off and watch from the windowed mode on your 2D monitor if you need to.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Just put HMD down then press centre VR view.

Does lowering the desktop resolution aid performance in VR?

I see that as a workaround indeed. What would be beneficial is having done that, the ability to pan around with the hat controller as you would normally in 2D mode.

Your second question- I believe the resolution is mirrored exactly to the monitor .

• I have not tried in the middle of a flight, but I know if I set a flight up on the monitor, I can then close that, open the VR version and the aircraft and weather, navigation etc will all be exactly the same as when I closed Aerofly. So you could do this, just press escape, takeoff your headset, close down VR version and open up 2D version. Should only take 5-10 seconds.

Cheers,

• and the aircraft and weather, navigation etc will all be exactly the same as when I closed Aerofly

Well, not exactly. Aerofly FS 2 always loads a specific aircraft state depending on where you are and what you were doing. And this state isn't always (or almost never is) exactly like you left it. I suppose it also depends on the plane you are flying. For instance I just continued a flight in the Q400 which I had to abandon yesterday. When I returned in the plane the AP was off (while it was on when I left), recirc was off, bleeds were off (very odd and simply wrong btw for this state to have recirc and bleeds off!), weather radar was standby (instead of on), right mfd was on sys (instead of nav)... Yes, the location, weather, time, flightplan, etc. are all saved but your aircraft state isn't saved: AFS2 always loads one of its presets states. Hopefully in the future AFS2 will also save the aircraft state exactly as it is!