Let's do Bavaria - and a bit more

• I need training... But the twitch upload is working now. :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Short info: Last area in Europe compiled with level 9 and 11. Now I can go back to small parts in Lower Bavaria...

In between I am fighting to get my own livery. ;)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Now I need a preview picture for the aircraft menu. Do you know how I can create it? Optic would be preferable the one from the other aircrafts. Basically it is a tif with an alpha channel. But I have no picture with a static propeller.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Official Post

Now I need a preview picture for the aircraft menu. Do you know how I can create it? Optic would be preferable the one from the other aircrafts. Basically it is a tif with an alpha channel. But I have no picture with a static propeller.

If you convert your aircraft the preview should already be rendered for you

• If you convert your aircraft the preview should already be rendered for you

I still get this error, if I have no preview.tif picture in my source dictionary. So it will not compile without. I checked the paths in config.tmc

Add: Ok, now I copied the e330 tp the Documents/aerofly fs 2/aircraft folder. He can render it now but the log displays something like this:

0.84-convert_aircraft: intermediate folder:

0.85-convert_aircraft: user folder: C:/Users/micha/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/

0.85-convert_aircraft: desktop folder: C:/Users/micha/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/

0.85-convert_aircraft: mobile folder:

0.85-convert_aircraft: ios folder:

0.86-convert_aircraft: android folder:

0.86-convert_aircraft: source folder: D:/Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Development/aerofly_fs_2_sdk_aircraft_workshop/extra330

0.86-convert_aircraft: folder D:/Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Development/aerofly_fs_2_sdk_aircraft_workshop/

0.86-convert_aircraft: aircraft extra330

1.92-convert_aircraft: extra300lp_01_color is current

1.92-convert_aircraft: extra300lp_03_color is current

1.93-convert_aircraft: extra300lp_02_color is current

1.93-convert_aircraft: extra300lp_02_color is current

1.95-tmscene: number of stars = 1572

2.03-tmxgl: ERROR: (geometry 'objects/pointlight/pointlight_sphere.tmb' not found)

2.03-tmxgl: ERROR: failed to load texture 'texture/sb_oc_color'

2.04-tmscene: shadowmap = 4096x4096 sp=4

2.08-tmsyssound: ERROR: (wav loading (sound/crash-ground.tsb) not supported)

2.08-tmsyssound: ERROR: (wav loading (sound/crash-water.tsb) not supported)

2.09-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='extra330') (directory='C:/Users/micha/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/extra330/')

2.09-tmmodelmanager: loading configfile 'C:/Users/micha/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/extra330//extra330.tmc'

2.09-tmmodelmanager: contact points 3: (0.440 0.950 -1.197 r=0.150) (0.440 -0.950 -1.197 r=0.150) (-4.598 0.000 -0.382 r=0.060)

2.44-tmxgl: ERROR: (geometry 'objects/pilot_jason/pilot_jason.tmb' not found)

2.45-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics begin 'C:/Users/micha/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/extra330//extra330.tmd'...

2.45-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: object 'ThrottleInput' not found

2.46-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'ThrottleInput.Output' not found

He still doesn't have the reference to the install folder of Aerofly FS 2.

Edit: At least he generates the preview now.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Thank you Jan. (By the way, I have the DVD Version)

Extra is now downloadable: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…-330-lx-d-exmg/

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (May 15, 2018 at 9:57 AM).

• Some status updates:

FS Earthtile Level 9 and 11: (I need to rework the water... but not in near future.)

Lower Bavaria cultivation: Level 10 tiles looking good, I have 50 km range and around 100k to 150k files.

The red tiles currently have only cultivation and no airports.

All airports on green tiles are included (but only cultivation objects and basic tsc files.)

Around the airports I have photo tiles: 9 tiles level 12, 9 tiles level 13 and ... 32 tiles level 14.

I think I can start "bush flying" in lower Bavaria.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• I have not posted any progress for some time... but there is.

The cultivation is growing and growing. I am a bit behind with the tsc airport definitions and high resolution FSET textures.

All this is now leading to the point where I need to solve an issue:

If you use OpenStreetMap data for cultivation, you easily build also airport buildings which is not really nice if you have airport data from addons or using the cloudport airports. So I need to remove all unwanted objects in the cultivation (toc) files by comparing them with the tsc object definitions. Since excluding is a feature, that works in a way but not always, I am writing a tool to make this magic happen.

First I collect the possible folders, tsc-files can be located. The install folder I magically read from the Aerosoft-Uninstall information of Aerofly FS2. If you use the Steam-Version you need to put this path into the text box manually. The addon folder is generated automatically from the system variables and the extra folder comes from the main.mcf file.

The check boxes you use to identify where the program should look for tsc files. (It is recursive, so the program looks into the sub-folders as well.

The checkboxes to the left indicate what you want to remove, vegetation, lights and - most important - buildings.

The Slider is to put down a maximum radius to exclude objects from the cultivation file. It can be 1 to 100 meters. So if the location of an object inside the cultivation file is in the range of any objects from the tsc files, it gets removed from the cultivation file.

In addition you can search inside the cultivation file for duplicate entries. Each object inside the toc file get's compared and will be removed if it is closer than the size of both objects or the size of the smaller object or is closer than 1 Meter. These are the three radio button options.

Last but not least: If you have the scenery converter SDK installed, you can check the box to compile the cultivation file.

So you get much smaller files.

One drawback: You can only handle latlon definition and you can only work with text files, not compiled files since there is no decompiler.

I will test this this weekend to find bugs and publish it afterwards.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Ok, fixed the sloooow file save.

Also possible now: You can choose ".original" files and ".reduced" files as well as ".toc" files for input. So no manual renaming of files anymore.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Another little tool for your convenience:

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ration-manager/

flightXtreme - Aerofly FS 2 Configuration Manager

-------------------------------------------------

Version 1.0 - (c) flightXtreme 2018

Editor for textual configuration files for the Aerofly FS 2.

Warning: This is more a developer tool than a user tool. You need to known, what you do.

Use it on your own risk.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Well, I can change the name. :D

Have you published your tool somewhere? I don't need to do things twice.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Official Post

Right now I'm not yet sure if it makes sense to publish such a tool. The default Aerofly should support this and having tools to manage the aircraft, wind and weather, flight plan and other simulator related settings is not something I'm aiming for, so I'm hesitating to upload such a tool. Plus the main config is not a place where users should feel free to change anything they see. This just adds potential mistakes that we can't reproduce on our end and which just wastes time on our end. The main benefit of Aerofly is that you don't have to edit any config files to get it running and the config file should not be the place to start new inventions, just cause the default aerofly is not yet supporting all the features one desires. So right now it's probably best to just wait for us, the IPACS team, to implement more features, instead of rushing to implement a tool that adds neat features for short period of time... until we change something in the main config that makes an external tool unusable. And then users start to ask us at IPACS to support this tool again, which we just don't have the time for.

Enough rambling, no, I have not published this tool yet :)

• well, my intention for the tool is not to provide it for the common user. It is aimed to help developer. Also it is generic for this file type, so the target is not primarily the main config file but the airport and aircraft description files.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Official Post

Editing the files is not that hard, especially for developers, for this purpose you are better of with a free text editor and syntax highlighting.

Some things are better visualized in 3d and not in text, but writing such an application is very time consuming as I have experienced with my aircraft editor, which works ok for now. (Also not public yet)

And who knows what the plans are on our side. Would be a shame to spend all that time just so see us release an editor that does the same thing. I dont want do discouraged your great ideas, just from my personal experience I find that tools are only useful if they add something new which you couldn't do before. E.g. generate the airport runways from some database or by clicking on the map.

• Ah well, most stuff from the code was already done by my cultivation - object exclude tool, so it took only half a day to finish the first version of the editor.

It is always driven by my personal needs to write tools. For the editor it is simply the need to edit a lot of tsc files with backup functionality and notepad or WordPad or something similar is not very handy. I don't expect you to change the general syntax of such files, so it does not get useless - for me.

By the way... "generate the airport runways from some database" - done so already, looks nice to see all the airports around the world. ;) Tough, I got rid of them because of the long loading time and it does not make sense without photo scenery.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4: