Let's do Bavaria - and a bit more

• flightxtreme,

Thank you for sharing your pictures and information with us on your big project "Let's do Niederbayern".

While looking at your (especially) last screenshots, a couple of questions have come up with me. I would be glad if you could answer that.

-What source data do you use, Google or Bing?

-What level do you use in "FSET" or "AeroScenery" when downloading the image data, 0.5 m / Px, 1 m / Pix?

-What level for AFS2, Level 9, 10, 11 .... 15?

-Do you edit your Images (PhotoShop) before using GeoConvert?

-Did you rework the water "Bodensee / Lake Constance" (to see on your shot: Friedrichshafen?

-How do you design the transition at the border of Germany and the IPACS Switzerland?

-What is the name of the wonderfully modeled airfield on the screenshots of your posts # 23 and # 27? And is the airfield anywhere to buy?

Thanks again. It is unimaginable how much work and time are involved in such a project. I wish you much pleasure in the further design of your project.

Best regards

Jakob

• Good Morning, Jakob.

-What source data do you use, Google or Bing?

Google - more current pictures, most tie better resolution and some airports like Erding you will find in Bing map pixeled.

-What level do you use in "FSET" or "AeroScenery" when downloading the image data, 0.5 m / Px, 1 m / Pix?

Differently. download in FSET with Level 4 for whole area, Level 1 big radius round airports, Level 0 small radius around airport, Level -1 for special interest areas (heliport) and if google gives this detail.

-What level for AFS2, Level 9, 10, 11 .... 15?

Geoconvert Level 7 to 11 everywhere, Level 12 big radius, Level 13 and 14 small radius, Level 15 spezial interest

-Do you edit your Images (PhotoShop) before using GeoConvert?

I don't. Too much work at this time. But this is why my scenery is a bit dark. One day, when I switch to detailed airport and landmark design I will possibly rework one or two source bitmaps to avoid painted bridges if I have an object of the bridge or similar.

-Did you rework the water "Bodensee / Lake Constance" (to see on your shot: Friedrichshafen?

The water is coming from my conversion.

-How do you design the transition at the border of Germany and the IPACS Switzerland?

:D I just removed the image files from the Swiss DLC. They converted the borders with low resolution source in high resolution map tiles. So I just removed everything and outside looks like inside Swiss DLC.

-What is the name of the wonderfully modeled airfield on the screenshots of your posts # 23 and # 27? And is the airfield anywhere to buy?

This is original Grenchen Swiss DLC.

At the moment my intension is to produce a lot flyable area with minimum time of work. The creation of the photo scenery took most of the time. The basic airport data I have auto-converted from xml data for the relevant countries. The cultivation is coming from a big OSM Xml file for europe and auto-converted by extracting the data, building the script and starting Arnos converter. For removing flickering in cultivation files and exclude cultivation at airport objects I also wrote a tool to automate this step.

All of this makes me quiet fast to add areas in the quality of the screenshots. I don't do regional cultivation, this is just the one from the SDK.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (August 16, 2018 at 7:17 AM).

• @ flightxtreme, Hello Micha.

Thank you for giving so much effort to give me such a detailed answer.

I am also currently working on an Austria Scenery for my own needs.
    Unfortunately, I'm not that experienced yet. It is just enough for me to be able to download image data and create AFS2-scenery from it.

But editing the imagery before converting or cultivation, my skills are not enough for that yet. Here I have a lot to learn.

Last time I tried for Graz -airport (Austria) and environment to make the cultivation, unfortunately I failed miserably, because scenProc is constantly criticizing a mistake that I do not find.

That's why your information and approach are very usefull for me. Thanks again.

This is original Grenchen Swiss DLC.

Ha, haaa, shame on me. I own the Swiss DLC for two years and have never been to Grenchen.

Best regards, Jakob.

• Jak61 Well, Jakob, I can provide you with cultivation for Graz. Only not this Weekend because I am traveling.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Jak61 Well, Jakob, I can provide you with cultivation for Graz. Only not this Weekend because I am traveling.

Wow Micha,

You are the greatest for me!

Many, many thanks for your offer, to help me with cultivation for Graz.

Is it very rude if I have an additional request to you?
    Would you make a complete AFS2-Grid Square (7 or 9) around Graz, as you did for your "South Bavaria-Germany" and "North-East Bavaria-Germany"?

I want to accomplish that later AFS2-Grid Square, which I make, have no conflicts.

Thank you again and I wish you a good journey!

Best regards, Jakob.

• I don't think I will do the whole L7 tile since this takes quiet a lot of computing time. But I have always L10 cultivation tiles because this size is quiet handy in the way of disk space and background loading inside the sim. In this way, you will be always compatible to my scenery.

You will need four L10 tiles for Graz, the airport is just in the middle. :)

Find your Graz-Cultivation here: http://www.flightxtreme.com/Graz_Cultivation.zip .

Like all my cultivations they need the building_textures from the SDK in the path:

[Your AFFS2 Addon Folder]\scenery\building_textures

If you have already one of my packages installed it should be already there.

You can get rid of the dummy runway, if you change the .tsc files. With the last update we don't need dummy-runway objects. My automated cultivation creation is not changed yet, to implement this.

The TOC files are also not compiled so you can change things inside if you develop your airport.

(If someone else need cultivation inside Europe, just ask me. I can generate this in small areas around airports on demand.

And no, I cannot do it for the whole continent since this took ages. I have no OSM data ready for somewhere else.)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

Edited 3 times, last by flightxtreme (August 18, 2018 at 10:27 AM).

• flightxtreme August 18, 2018 at 10:51 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Let's do Niederbayern” to “Let's do Bavaria - and a bit more”.
  • Hello Micha,

Many thanks for your great "Graz_Cultivation". You gave me a huge great pleasure.

That's how it looks on and around the Graz airport now (see screenshots).

Here I still have LOWG-Graz from Oldar on FSCloudPort (Thanks to @ Oldar and @ Spit40, also a great job).

Some airfield buildings of Oldars LOWG and of your Cultivation get in each other's way, but right now I will live with it until I know how to sort them out.

Thank you again and enjoy your traveling.

Regards, Jakob

• "Some airfield buildings of Oldars LOWG and of your Cultivation get in each other's way, but right now I will live with it until I know how to sort them out."

Yes, I wrote a Tool to remove these objects from the cultivation file. It is on flight-sim.org. I will check this evening to get the airport to remove the items.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…bject-excluder/

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• "Some airfield buildings of Oldars LOWG and of your Cultivation get in each other's way, but right now I will live with it until I know how to sort them out."

Yes, I wrote a Tool to remove these objects from the cultivation file. It is on flight-sim.org. I will check this evening to get the airport to remove the items.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…bject-excluder/

Hello Micha,

Thank you. You are my hero!

Jakob

• Jakob, well... looks like the compare to the tsc file objects with the tool is not working…. :( If time I will rework it.

delfinpm thank you, But hey, it's just flying crazy without concept. I like the real competition aerobatics: Flying exact as possible.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Ok, I know where the problem is. I use vector2_float64 and vector3_float64.

the Coudport tsc files are using tmvector2d and tmvector3d.

Need to add the Cloud-Port version of declaration as a possibility as well.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Hi Jakob, find attached the toc file to change. :)

Airport will be good now: http://www.flightXtreme.com/cul_8AC0_A640.zip

Cloudport uses strange types inside tsc files: tmsimulator_scenery_objecttmslist

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Hi Micha, thank you so much that you have created a new "toc file" for Graz Airport.

Yes, it works wonderfully, apparently nothing is missing, even though the new "cul_8AC0_A640.toc" has only 7.19 MB and the old "cul_8AC0_A640.toc" = 157 MB. Where are the remaining 150 MB? Have only the pair of airport buildings made so much difference?

Micha, could you please, explain to me how to remove the airport buildings from an existing "tsc file"?

Because I'm using your wonderful cultivation "Level 7 Area 8800_A600 South-East Bavaria", which reaches deep into Austria (thanks for that) and contains some Austrian airports and airfields.

At the moment LOW_Salzburg is affected. Later I want to create the other airfields with FSCloudPort.

That's why it would be an immense relief for me, if I knew how that works.

Thank you once again for having so much patience for my questions.
    Jakob.

• the file is compiled. This is, why it is so small.

I updated my tool to remove objects from toc files if there are buildings in the tsc files. I have not uploaded this update with the fix yet. You will need the huge file for later excludes since you can not remove buildings from compiled files. The tool compiles the toc files on demand.

Salzburg is also from cloud-port, correct?

The best thing for me would be, if I could include the cloud-port airports in my packages. But since it is work from other people i cannot.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• This will be my Virtual Aerobatic Simulation Center. Currently more a mockup, but basically, automated creation of the aerobatic box sceneries for Aerofly, X-Plane and Prepar3D is working. I can define the base parameters, send them to my server and the server compile the scenery. I can download and install the scenery into the simulator by one click.

I have lot of ideas for this tool, but it's much too early to communicate. ^^

Beside of this: Bavaria South-West should be finished in a week or so...

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…-germany-1-0-0/

Aerofly FS 2 Addon Scenery flightXtreme

Included are 105 (very) basic airport data and cultivation of the whole area.
    Version 1.0

This is the first part of scenery I try to build for the Aerofly FS 2.
    I decided to make Level 7 Parts to make a manageable aera as well as a suitable size
    for your foto scenery. Sadly I cannot provide you with the foto scenery. You need to
    build it on your own, tools an help can be found on the IPACS Aerofly homepage.

If you have already an airport scenery in this area, simply rename
    the ...tsc file to ...off so the file from this package will not be used by the sim.

Install: Copy the scenery folder into your addon folder of your aerofly fs 2.
    Be carefull to place also the building_textures folder in the correct place, the ZIP
    include the correct layout.

If you have IPACS Switzerland:
    There could be some duplicated cultivations.
    If so, try to turn of TOC Files by renaming them to 'off'
    Also turn off (rename from ...tsc to ...off all airports,
    already covered by IPACS Switzerland:
    LSMF_Mollis
    LSZX_Schaenis
    LSMD_Duebendorf
    LSZH_Zuerich Kloten
    LSZK_Speck-Fehraltorf
    LSZR_St Gallen

If you have improved airport files or other landscape objects you want to provide,
    so I can include it into a future package, it is welcome.

Use it on your own risk, I take no warranty.

(c) 2018 flightXtreme
    micha@flightxtreme.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want the photo scenery, use this data to build it for example with the tool FSET:

Area

Area

Name: 8600_A600

Level: 7

Ref Point:
    Latitude: 46.7444003950914
    Longitude: 8.4375

BoundingBox: (minX;maxX;minY;maxY)
    8.4375;11.25;46.7444003950914;48.6138704750471

Height: 207.719 km
    Top width: 206.603 km
    Bottom width: 214.142 km

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airportlist:
    LSMF_Mollis
    LSPV_Wangen-Lachen
    LSZX_Schaenis
    EDTZ_Konstanz
    LSMD_Duebendorf
    LSPA_Amlikon
    LSPH_Winterthur
    LSPK_Hasenstrick
    LSZH_Zuerich Kloten
    LSZK_Speck-Fehraltorf
    LSZN_Hausen am Albis
    LSZT_Lommis
    EDS048_Hilzingen
    EDS049_Klippeneck
    EDS050_Leibertingen
    EDSI_Binningen
    EDSL_Blumberg
    EDSN_Neuhausen ob Eck
    EDSR_Radolfzell-Stahringen
    EDTD_Donaueschingen-Villingen
    EDTS_Schwenningen
    EDU022_Sauldorf
    LSPF_Schaffhausen
    EDS072_Haiterbach-Nagold
    EDS073_Musbach
    EDS074_Farrenberg
    EDSA_Albstadt-Degerfeld
    EDSP_Poltringen
    EDSZ_Rottweil-Zepfenhan
    EDTE_Eutingen
    EDU032_Laitgai-Hechingen
    EDU033_Boesingen
    EDU034_Sulz
    EDU035_Pfalzgrafenweiler Durrweiler-Heselbach
    LSZE_Bad Ragaz
    EDNY_Friedrichshafen
    EDS043_Wildberg
    LOIH_Hohenems
    LSZR_St Gallen
    LSZV_Sitterdorf
    EDMB_Biberach an der Riss
    EDP004_Bad Waldsee-Reute
    EDS051_Markdorf
    EDS052_Heiligenberg
    EDS053_Riedlingen
    EDS054_Bad Buchau-Federsee
    EDTM_Mengen-Hohentengen
    EDTP_Pfullendorf
    EDTU_Saulgau
    EDU023_Amtzell
    EDU024_Berg
    EDMC_Blaubeuren
    EDP006_Metzingen
    EDPB_Bad Ditzenbach
    EDPJ_Laichingen
    EDS063_Ehingen-Schlechtenfeld
    EDS064_Hayingen
    EDS065_Oppingen-Au
    EDS066_Berneck
    EDS067_Dettingen-Teck
    EDS068_Huelben
    EDS069_Rossfeld
    EDS070_Muensingen-Eisberg
    EDS071_Uebersberg
    EDSG_Grabenstetten
    EDTN_Nabern-Teck
    EDU031_Magolsheim
    EDU032_Seissen
    EDS044_Agathazeller Moos
    EDJA_Memmingen
    EDMK_Kempten
    EDMN_Mindelheim
    EDMT_Tannheim
    EDNL_Leutkirch
    EDS055_Isny-Rotmoos
    EDS056_Kisslegg-Wangen
    EDS057_Ochsenhausen
    EDU025_Argenbuehl-Eisenharz
    EDU026_Immenried-Kisslegg
    EDU027_Goerisried
    EDU028_Wolkenberg-Wilpoldsried
    EDMG_Guenzburg-Donauried
    EDMI_Illertissen
    EDMU_Gundelfingen
    EDNE_Erbach
    EDNU_Thannhausen
    EDNW_Weissenhorn
    EDS061_Leipheim
    EDS062_Urspring
    EDU030_Kettershausen
    ETHL_Laupheim
    EDS045_Fuessen
    EDS046_Poemetsried
    EDS047_Eschenlohe Werdenfels
    LOIR_Reutte
    EDNH_Bad Woerishofen-Nord
    EDP005_Landstetten
    EDPZ_Paterzell
    EDS058_Kaufbeuren
    EDS059_Bad Woerishofen
    EDS060_Geratshof
    EDS061_Peissenberg-Fendt
    EDU029_Peiting
    ETHA_Altenstadt
    ETSA_Landsberg

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Ah.. and yet, there are no heliports. Sorry. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4: