Let's do Bavaria - and a bit more

• Hi Micha,
    thank you for your great work and for making it available to the community.

Myself, I am very pleased with your work. Because, for example, your
    "Level 7 Area 8800_A600 South-East Bavaria-Germany" also includes the north of Austria.
    Too bad that it does not protrude deeper into Austria. Would it be more, I would not have said no.;)

But, already what is there gives me great pleasure.

I have created a scenery in this area. That looks pretty good in combination with your work.

Here are some shots to honor your work:

Again thank you so much.

Jakob

• Thank you for the pictures, Jakob.

Bavaria North-West is the next area. After that I am not sure how I proceed.

At the moment my favorite would be going south to Venice. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• So where should I continue this? B, C, E, F, H, J, L or M?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Wow Micha,

Everything you intend to do sounds excellent.

Honestly, I like to fly in areas with mountains and valleys.

Therefore, your decision to go south, Venice, I think that's right. So tile "H".

There are in Italy in the north, the Alps and then to Venice a beautiful flat country. With many interesting cities and landscape formations.

Speaking of Alps, if I could choose, I would like the "tile F" at first. The east of Austria. Where the foothills of the Alps reach Vienna.
    And I'm currently creating a scenery for Austria's east. So the "tile F" would fit great. I can wish very much, if it is fulfilled?:)

So my wish ranking would be: F; H; J; E; C; B; M....

Many Thanks.
    Jakob

• I started to rework the cultivation. Now the height of buildings will be included. Looks kind of funny in Munich.

I guess we should work together to make a nice variation of cultivation objects for Europe. ;)

This looks quiet ok:

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Micha, it looks good now. With the tall buildings it comes to a city flair.

But what are those thin strips next to the tall building, in the first picture? Is it a graphics error?

I guess we should work together to make a nice variation of cultivation objects for Europe. ;)

Yes, a database with variation of cultivation objects and country specific building textures. I think this idea is absolutely top.

Thank you for your great work and for sharing this with us.

Jakob
    +++

• It is no graphic error. I have no clue at the moment what it is. But it is from open street map data.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• This is looking fantastic. For the next sector, I would vote L - I'll be in the minority, clearly, but that contains my birthplace. If only I had some spare time I'd get working on it though (but my 16 months old daughter still wakes up many times every night, so at this stage I'm not even flying AFS2 more than 1h per month (sometime less)

• This is looking fantastic. For the next sector, I would vote L - I'll be in the minority, clearly, but that contains my birthplace. If only I had some spare time I'd get working on it though (but my 16 months old daughter still wakes up many times every night, so at this stage I'm not even flying AFS2 more than 1h per month (sometime less)

Where is it? Possibly I can do the cultivation at one airfield for you personally.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• ...At the moment my favorite would be going south to Venice. ...:)

H,

venice is nearly done, will perhaps be published when we get the helicopter.

Just a comment to avoid duplicate work.

Regards

Rodeo

• yes, this one more reason to go down there. I know your project. I really don't want to do your work, just make the transition nice. ;)

If I get my hands on a version and / or a bit information about the size of your area I can try to find the best way to integrate your scenery.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (September 10, 2018 at 8:40 PM).

• Where is it? Possibly I can do the cultivation at one airfield for you personally.

Really, that would awesome! (but don't worry if you've got other things to do first, whatever you're doing next is really awesome and welcome. I really like the idea of a community of AFS2 users sharing their work on scenery - I wish I could contribute more, but I'm getting used to the reality of what early parenting means now..).

I was born in Mulhouse, Alsace - the main point of interest there though is LFSB, an airport shared by France and Switzerland, but not depicted in the AFS2 Switzerland DLC (it is located on the French side, as the main ICAO name indicates it too). This airport has a long runway and ILS, so I'm pretty keen to fly there. The airport is not yet on FScloudport though. In terms of cultivation there is a mix of small villages, larger cities (Mulhouse and Basel) and heavy industries along the Rhine (most Switzerland heavy chemical factories are there) - the latter might be the trickiest to render with cultivation.

• Well, I should be able to do a basic airport tsc file with cultivation. (The same I do in all other places at the moment.)

French airports I haven't got source data yet.

If you like, make the airport at cloud-port, so I can integrate it.

Concerning ILS: I don't know much about to implement this if it is not already there.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• LFSB:

http://www.flightxtreme.com/LFSB.zip

Extract this into your Addon Folder.

building_textures is inside twice since it had to be located differently if you use the DVD or the Steam version.

As usual ortho is D.I.Y.

Oh, and sorry for the bumpy runways. :) Generate your airport with FSCouldport to avoid it.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4: