Creating terrain heightmaps

• Hello friends,

It has been a few months now, and still I run into issues..

Again, I've never had issues creating Height-maps until a few months ago. I've gone as far as reinstalling SDK Kit etc.

The MAIN Problem is I'm not getting any .TTH files outputted to ' ./scenery/images/ ' folder.

tm.log Hopefully it is a simple issue.

1. I have proper files placed into ' input_aerial_images ' folder.

The .TFW information is correct.

2. My coordinates are correct, and output information correct.

3. GeoConvert runs

4. Nothing in the ' ./scenery/images/ ' folder..

Again, I've put many hours into troubleshooting, reinstalling twice, still same results.

If anyone see's or knows what is wrong, please let me know.

Thankyou

• Have you searched for the files? Maybe they are not where you expect them to be.

That was one of my initial thoughts at first. I've even done a File Search to locate them. Nothing.

Given the output information, they should not be sent to anywhere else.

I would like to test another user's TFW , TIF , and TMC files to see if they work.

If anyone feels like packaging up a small MESH test with these files, I would be grateful. Perhaps through GoogleDrive or etc?

Otherwise, there is some weird bug/glitch with my computer.

• I see at your geo convertinging at Level 7, isnt that the same geoconvert level as the default mesh.

Also I hear DLC's can use level 10.

To avoid any possible mesh conflicts, I suggest you try at level 12 only. For Science

I read that Tom's mesh for Great Briton has issues with planes sinking into the ground, for which I also suggest only geoconvert at level 12, again to avoid conflicts with underlying meshes.

This worked for me when making my 30metre Sydney region mesh just a month or so ago.

I then was able to place 2metre meshes above this base mesh at level 13 and 14.

Basically I suggest, don't geoconvert at levels below 12 to avoid mesh conflicts.

By the way I'm using an old SDK as I have not updated it since I downloaded it when I installed the game.

Also I noticed your SDK is on your desktop, maybe theirs an issue with very long file path, so I suggest moving the SDK to the root of your drive to eliminate this issue being a cause of your problems.

• I see at your geo convertinging at Level 7, isnt that the same geoconvert level as the default mesh.

Also I hear DLC's can use level 10.

In the past I've had to convert down to level 6 in multiple sceneries in order to not have conflicting default mesh issues. Other users have done the same.

;) True story.

Also I noticed your SDK is on your desktop, maybe theirs an issue with very long file path, so I suggest moving the SDK to the root of your drive to eliminate this issue being a cause of your problems.

I've had the SDK folder installed in three different drive locations. All three have same unsuccessful results.

Thanks for your suggestions, appreciated. :)

• Reason I suggest level 12 as that its a smaller area, just like orthoes, small tile is less likely to conflict than a big tiles is my thinking in regards to masking.

And we know that if masks are needed no file is written according to the mesh_conv.tmc.

And since for you no file is written it could be that a mask is required. Circular logic I know.

Just trying to help

OK I will stop now hahaha ;)