Q400 request

• Whenever I relocate the Q400 during a flight or start a flight in mid air (not something I usually do but sometimes I have to) a few settings are always wrong. Could this be changed in an upcoming update?

1. RECIRC is always off and should definitely be on

2. BLEED 1 & 2 are always off and should definitelybe on

3. MFD 2 is always on SYS and should be on NAV

4. Weather radar is always on standby and should be on

Besides that :

5. AP is always turned off but I suppose there is a reason for that (?)

6. Power is at idle: I'd rather have that full or in the middle: idle never is a position you'd want unless you are descending

Personally I'd also like to have

7. Windshield heat to on

8. Logo light on

9. No smoking on (afaik nowadays this one is always left on)

But anyway, I'd be happy if point 1 and 2 would be changed already. ;)

• Well, I didn't say I have problems... ;) I don't have ANY problems when it comes to functionality. I just said some settings are wrong.

What exactly is going wrong with starting up? I can start the plane just fine.

• On ground the engines should run too by default. You have to turn them off manually by dragging the prop levers all the way back. To start them set Engine start select to 2 (on the overhead) and press start (the button to the left of it): immediately after that set prop 2 to Start & feather. After that set Engine start select to 1, click on Start once more and set prop 1 to Start & feather. That should do the trick. The Q400 is a simple simulation so the setting of other things doesn't really matter.

• I've made changes to my developer version:

1. RECIRC set on in default, left untouched by all other configs

2. Bleeds set on in default and in clean, set to off for takeoff and landing for better engine performance (e.g. in case of go around)

3. Users had trouble selecting a system page, default switch position as per manual should be in SYS (switch points straight ahead) - I leave this as is

4. Weather radar is not functional yet, when this becomes implemented I will turn it on per default

5. State of the autopilot cannot be saved at the moment, I would need to save the enum for the active and armed modes which is currently not possible. Noted for later

6. can only be defined in the engine code which I do not have access to.

7. set to norm (you mean the knob, no the switch which is already on, do you?)

8. Logo lights are pretty useless at cruise altitudes but I turned them on

9. that is true, I set it to on

• Thanks! Cool! Happy with recirc and bleeds already. ;)

I myself leave bleed 1 and 2 on and set the knob to MIN for take off and landing but I can live with your choice which is done in real life too. I think it's a company policy (or does it depend on the airport and SID, I am not sure).

And 7. yes, I mean the knob (HEAT): PLT SIDE WDO/HT is on indeed already by default.

I do know a few things don't work yet, like the radar, but it's just nice to have things set as they should if they would. ;) Anyway, nice to know the things you mentioned will come with (I presume) the next update! :)

• I myself leave bleed 1 and 2 on and set the knob to MIN for take off and landing but I can live with your choice which is done in real life too. I think it's a company policy (or does it depend on the airport and SID, I am not sure).

of course, this depends on the available runway length for example. I think its pretty safe to leave the bleeds on for an approach into LAX.