• Dear all,

In the wiki 3DSMax tuto it is sometimes recommended to "attach" elements together (for instance the decal surfaces after texturing).

Compared to the grouping function, the "attach" function involves a quite permanent result, the "detach" revert function being sometimes quite touchy to use when it comes about editing...

Is there any performance advantage in the compiled result for AFS2 to use the attach function rather than the group function, or is it only a matter of tidiness in 3DSMax?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Attaching is used for making a model one whole model. At times when you make a model you piece many objects together to make one model. This is needed for when you texture map your model. Grouping is when you have a bunch of completed models that make up a group, for example; a group taxiway lights; the taxiway lights are made using three different objects (plain for the bottom, cylinder for the middle and a wider cylinder for the lens. These three objects are attached together to make one light. Now, since you have many lights you can group all of them together so that your project is organized.

I hope this helps you understand better.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff