Flight path recorder

• One of the add-ons I used with FSX was the IGC Flight Replay. Through various machinations you could get a FSX flight log into IGC format.

While the application provided analysis of soaring performance the part I used the most was the ability to view your flight in Google Earth.

Unfortunately due to a deprecation of the Google Earth API the application ceased to be functional several years ago.

As an experiment I started looking to see how much of the IGC Flight Replay display functionality could be

replicated though just KML.

I created a small Java app that captures Aerofly FS 2 broadcast data and formats it as a KML linestring.

The resulting display is not too far off the basic flight path display functionality of IGC Flight Replay.

The screen capture shows a short soaring flight at LOWI

cheers

Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• There are a couple of applications that will currently allow for this using our provided feature.

I was aware of the moving map / sectional tracking through apps like FSWidgets.

What I missed was the 3d rendering of a soaring flight as viewed in Google Earth via IGC Flight Replay.

/Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10