Sound File Conversion (HELP)!

• Hey guys, trying to improve the sounds for Aerofly2. I've read and attempted the posted tutorial about converting wav files to tsb.

Not having any luck. I do as the tutorial suggests, hit convert, and nothing really happens. (Stumped)!

I would really love to get this going so I can add to the improved quality of the simulator.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Aaron Swindle/Audio Developer Since 1996

Skysong Soundworks

"AeroFly 2 Rocks"!:thumbup:

• You need to convert the wav files together with an aircraft. If you have the DR400 example aircraft from our tutorial you can just paste your own files in that folder, then convert the Dr400 and use the converted sound files from the dr400 folder. Currently you can't convert just sounds on their own, as far as I know.

• How are things going with this? (been a while) :)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• blacksmoke55 - you are an audio guy. I have been wondering whether VB Banana could be used to take the standard mono audio output from AFS2 and apply a Haas effect to give a simulated stereo and add some extra immersion. What do you think? It is amazing software and I already use it to generate a secondary signal which I process to filter out high frequencies and then send to my bass shaker.

• blacksmoke55 - you are an audio guy. I have been wondering whether VB Banana could be used to take the standard mono audio output from AFS2 and apply a Haas effect to give a simulated stereo and add some extra immersion. What do you think? It is amazing software and I already use it to generate a secondary signal which I process to filter out high frequencies and then send to my bass shaker.

Hey Spit40,

Well that is an interesting idea. I will download the software and fuss around with a bit.

I've been away for a while. Good to hear from you.

Cheers,

Aaron

• How are things going with this? (been a while) :)

Hello HiFlyer,

Well I got the hang of it pretty well. I am hoping the IPACS Team can improve the sound engine so I can introduce true stereo

sounds into the simulator. I wish there were a way to write something similar to the FSX sound engine. I could make the aircraft in

Aerofly 2 really come to life!

Cheers,

Aaron